PDA

View Full Version : anybody seen one?

fatnhappy
04-09-2007, 10:49 PM
My B-I-L was showing me his latest toys, inheritance actually, before easter dinner. His father had a 7.5" ruger super blackhawk .44 with a polychoke rib. Supposedly it was factory original.

Has anybody else seen one of these.

BTW, besides being a little limp wristed, he doesn't reload. I slugged the throats at .430. The barrel is .429. Both those measurements correspond nicely to my redhawk, so we're going to try a number of my .44 loads as they are. (Isn't it pathetic I had the tools to slug his barrel in my car?) :mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
04-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I saw some ad pics in gunrags a few years ago for such an application, don't think it was factory-done.......might have been a Poly-Choke ad. Just not sure. It does sound like the throats and barrel are on the same page of the book, at least.

Doesn't EVERYONE carry slugs and micrometer in their pickup truck's glove box? How the hell else are ya supposed to buy revolvers?

sundog
04-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Sounds near normal to me....

Saaaayy..., is the bil gonna start reloading and casting?

leftiye
04-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Waaaayyy back when....... I put one of those on my first Ruger SBH. They fit around on both sides of the front sight in front and glue on. Still got some of that ploychoke adhesive. It's the same stuff they fasten their ventilated ribs onto shotguns with. I thought it looked real nice IMHO!

Four Fingers of Death
04-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Tell him you'all help him out by trading it fer one of those chinee barbque's down at WalMart:D

Bret4207
04-10-2007, 05:38 AM
I've glued at least 10 of the Poly Choke ribs on through the years. Dad bought a bunch years ago. All gone now I think. They looked sporty back when the Super Blackhalwk was still some what unusual, at least in my neck of the woods.

fatnhappy
04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Sounds near normal to me....

Saaaayy..., is the bil gonna start reloading and casting?

Lord I hope not. His level of mechanical aptitude is frightening. Were he to handload I'd want to be at the other end of the range, preferably behind a berm.

BTW, the pistol looks unfired. There wasn't the slightest trace of copper or lead in the barrel, and it had been oiled before storage. The oil residues were dried on the pistol. There is no holster wear whatsoever.

Knowing his father, he probably fired a cylinder through it, cleaned it and put it back in the factory box.