PDA

View Full Version : Is there any rifle case that I can make into a 6.5 Grendel?

gcollins
04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi Guys,
I am not for sure if I am posting in the wrong section but if it is wrong please move or delete.
Grendel brass seems to be in demand and when someone post some for sale if you can't see the post in 10 mins you are not going to get them! So, I hope that there is a case out there that can be made into a 6.5 Grendel.[smilie=b:

Please get a hold of me if anyone has the info I seek.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Greg

Bren R.
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Found a video online of a guy hydroforming it out of 7.62x39...

Hope that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQgIFscVOE8

Bren R.

nanuk
04-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I get the feeling the Grendel is just a 7.62x39 improved and necked down....

bruce drake
04-28-2012, 08:57 PM
I get the feeling the Grendel is just a 7.62x39 improved and necked down....

THat's exactly what it is. Think of it as a 6.5x39 Ackley Improved...

donor brass is usually 7.62x39 if you don't buy actual headstamped brass from Grafs or Prvi or Wolf or Lapua...

Just type 6.5 Grendel reloading in the google machine and you'll get a bunch of information to help you decide if you want to go this route.

I'll be honest, I am thinking of building an AR upper over the next year in this caliber to play around with it as a deer/target load.

Bruce

gcollins
04-29-2012, 05:59 PM
I will do that guys!! I am great full for all the advice!
Bruce you will love it!! I took my time and keep waiting for a good quialty barrel at a super bargin price! If and when you decide to build one, let me know and I will keep my eyes open for one.
Thanks Again!
Greg

bruce drake
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Shifting my focus to a 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt Action at the moment. I lucked into a new 6.5 barrel and its another caliber I've been thinking of tweaking around with although my future plans for another AR upper is for 6.5 Grendel still.

Bruce

gcollins
05-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Bruce,
What is the big differnce between 6.5 Creedmoore and the Grendel??
Greg

rockrat
05-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I think the Grendel is the x39 case necked down, shoulder blown out a bit and it uses small primer pockets vs large primer pockets of the x39 case.

IIRC, the Creedmore is more like the 260 rem, but with a bit longer neck, larger shoulder dia. and bit shorter on the shoulder to base length. Performance is slightly above the 260 rem as I think it runs at a higher chamber pressure, than the 260 rem.