PDA

View Full Version : Making 221 Fireball Brass Feeler

GRUMPA
04-25-2012, 07:30 PM
As some of you know I've been making 300 Blackout from 223/5.56 cases. Well I guess once word gets out a person gets some requests to make something else.

Anything from 222, 221 Fireball, and even 7mm TCU and others.

This is sort of a feeler to find out if I should even give it a go in the first place. I've been doing 222's fine so far, although reaming is a must and I get darn few waves on the angle itself.

The 221 Fireball really doesn't seem to be any different than what I've been doing so far with the rest of what I've been doing.

It seems that it's rather easy/simple by my way of thinking, cut to length, anneal, neck form, ream, neck form again with expander, de-burr, clean.

But since I don't own anything in that caliber I can't really test it either, any volunteers?

I looked at the price of the 221 Fireball brass on-line and about fell over. Dang I'm almost glad I don't own one of those, it would be a toss up between oil changes and/or buying brass.

So if I go through all this effort to make these things I'm wondering if there would even be a market for it. Or is there?

altheating
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
PM Sent