PDA

View Full Version : So what happened

Calamity Jake
04-25-2012, 08:28 AM
to the post and link for stopping the internet shutdown that might be comming. It was posted earlyer this week, I wanted to use it at home and can't find it.

Goatwhiskers
04-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Personally I don't respond to such things floating around the internet with no other "source" than just a link. A real good way to get something downloaded and installed in your computer that you don't want. Goat

darkroommike
04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
You'll see such rumors all the time...best to verify all such postings before acting on them through sites that confirm or deny all such web rumors. The one that comes to mind right now is Snopes you can find it by typing snopes.com and then searching for the particulars. There are also some pretty good political fact checkers out there, non-partisan, and willing to take down any and all exaggerations of fact on the Left or the Right.

The fact that the "save the internet" posting was taken down is a pretty good indicator that our moderators are doing their job keeping this forum on topic, on task and culling the "heard" (see that I just made a pun).

Mike

R.M.
04-25-2012, 10:12 AM
My local ABC station reported on it, so I assumed it was true.

RayinNH
04-25-2012, 10:31 AM
CJ, it's in "Humor and off Topic", page 2. Posted by Starmac...Ray

Calamity Jake
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
CJ, it's in "Humor and off Topic", page 2. Posted by Starmac...Ray

Thanks