PDA

View Full Version : Update, specifics on book (Above Reproach)

Recluse
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Whew. Lot of work the past few months getting this book prepped and published.

Again, thanks to those of you who did the initial proof-reading and gave some incredible feedback.

We made a slight revision to the cover, primarily for ease of reading which was to make all typography white. This was helpful for the black & white e-reader versions. Finished cover looks like this:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=5281

The e-book version is completed and in distribution. It should be available for sale at the following businesses in the time period indicated:

Cost: $5.99

Apple iBookstore: May 7
Sony e-reader store: May 14
Amazon.com (Kindle store): May 1
Barnes & Noble (Nook store): May 7 or May 14
Kobo: May 10
Baker & Taylor: May 7
Copia: May 14

The print edition is in final stages with the back cover art and copy (including reviews from members here) being finished this week, then sent off for first proof, revision then printing.

Book specs:

6" x 9" premium soft-cover, four-color cover
60# white paper, black Times typeface

Cost: $15.99

Projected availability:

Amazon.com: May 7
Barnes & Noble.com: May 17
additional online retailers via through Ingram and NACSCORP

I'll be ordering several dozen print books initially for autographed editions, of which the Cast Boolits members will get first shot.

SciFiJim has hooked me up with the AM powerhouse station in Bakersfield (CA) and their conservative pro-Second Amendment talk show host and we're working to make arrangements for an on-air interview. Also working with several other radio stations across the country to do the same thing.

After the book releases, we'll be pitching on a few other pro-gun/pro-Second Amendment forums and increasing the number of forums steadily.

Will continue to keep you posted.

:coffee:

Ickisrulz
04-24-2012, 01:55 PM
I've been checking Amazon from time to time. I look forward to reading it.

stubshaft
04-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Best of luck to you Recluse. I, personally thought it was a great read.

Stick_man
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Put me on the list for an autographed copy of the book, please. It's a great read.

Bullet Caster
04-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the update, JD. Great book and I definitely like that cover art. Looks impressive.

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten some air time for your book. Hope it becomes a best seller. BC

gmsharps
04-25-2012, 01:51 AM
I would like on

Thanks,

gmsharps

badbob454
04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
put me on the i want one list , looks like a good read ,