PDA

View Full Version : Savage Striker??

steve-in-kville
04-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Whatever became of this? Savage no longer lists it under their product line. Did they do away with it?

Please don't tell me that the T/C is the only game in town when it comes to handcannons.

steve

45nut
04-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Whatever became of this? Savage no longer lists it under their product line. Did they do away with it?

Please don't tell me that the T/C is the only game in town when it comes to handcannons.

steve

Yeah,,Savage dropped it. I have one rimfire 22 and one in 358Win and another getting spare barrels along with its 22-250 it will have 6mmRem and a 375-08 barrels fitted.

TC isn't the "only game" but the rest of the options get rather expensive fast, HS Precision makes a clone of the Rem XP but I won't even dare a guess as to $$$$$$$$$$$.

I think if you want one the time to buy is now from Gunbroker or Auction Arms or off a forum classified ad of you spot one.

Yea I think Savage really boned themselves and us, who is shocked though? Not me.

tnwill
04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
HS Precision is about the only one that makes a bolt action pistol now. I own one chambered in 284 Win. It is a good shooter, but it took a year to get. Right now, I would guess a HS would cost ya $1500 or so.

As Ken said, the used market is the only place to find a striker or xp-100 now unless you just luck into one NIB sitting in a shop.

lovedogs
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
All this info is correct as far as I know. Weatherby is now making a bolt pistol, too. Really nice looking one, too. But, of course, it's expensive. I've seen lots of the Strikers around for sale so it shouldn't be too hard to find one if you wanted one. They were shooters, too. But they had lousy triggers. There is a trigger fix for them and you can get aftermarket triggers, also.