PDA

View Full Version : Model Prayer for Boolit Casters

geargnasher
04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
After Lovelife's confession of being defiled by the J-words in the H&OT section, it occured to me we need an official "prayer" to put ourselves in the proper mindset before a session, so, tongue firmly in cheek, here's my rough draft. Feel free to add/edit with your own ideas, my fellow casting disciples. I trust that Ron, Glen, and Trey45 will forgive the slight plagiarisms.

Our Mother, who is in the Earth, Galena be your name
Your smelt be done, your boolits come
Safely we strive from your ore to our targets.

Give us this day, our daily lead
And forgive us our culls, as our culls are remelted
And tempt us not with copper jackets, but deliver us from commercial ammunition
For your silver stream is the Economy, the Power, and the Accuracy forever.
Ahh-Men!

Gear

ShooterAZ
04-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Amen brother, Amen. And Hallelujah too!

geargnasher
04-23-2012, 10:17 PM
As I put supper on the grill, I got to thinking about it, and I think it would sound better to say "Safely we strive, from your ore to the target" instead, that would include the miners and the smelters, too.

Gear

runfiverun
04-23-2012, 10:17 PM
and may my molds be big enough to make this fit thing not so tough. [little marching drum and some scratching here]
i hope my lube is of the proper visc ,so that leading is less of a risk.
[tempo change]
and that it helps me every day by getting to the muzzle and flinging away, not in little bit's and chunks that makes my group size run amuck.
[drop the 808 and some dubstep]
if i hold my mouth just so can i keep my casting temps down low.
[back to the cadence drum like from sgt. barry sadlers fighting soldiers song]

this needs to be sung when going to the castin/lubing area and sung as loud as possible when pulling up to the range.
[should guarantee an open bench wherever you want it].

stubshaft
04-24-2012, 01:56 AM
...and lead us not into temptation but, deliver us from J-words...

rintinglen
04-24-2012, 02:19 AM
I am laughing out loud. You guys are too much fun.

geargnasher
04-24-2012, 02:24 AM
...and lead us not into temptation but, deliver us from J-words...

That's a good one, too. I actually had something like that the first go-round, but was trying to avoid using "lead" again, with it's dual meaning and all. (did he mean metal, or the act of being led?).

Gear

303Guy
04-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Oh that's a good one! :mrgreen: Well done. :drinks:

Wal'
04-24-2012, 07:58 AM
I like,:smile: especially for us noobie's, lead us on our chosen path. :holysheep

captaint
04-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Deliver us from commercial ammunition indeed. Thank you!!! Mike Well done gear....

lbaize3
04-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Gear, get this finalized and we can use it to start matches with cast boolits and meetings of Boolit casters. It should be a sticky....

USSR
04-24-2012, 09:15 PM
No need to mess with the Lord's Prayer. We Orthodox have a prayer still used daily, that has been used since when we were fighting the Moslem hordes in the 7th century: "grant victories to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries".

Don

Bigslug
04-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Can't we just go with the prayer first laid down by Robert Leckie in HBO's The Pacific?:

I believe in ammunition.

Much easier to remember. :mrgreen: