PDA

View Full Version : Micrometre adj. on Redding Mod 3.

Ron
04-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I have just resurected my Redding Mod. 3 powder measure to do test loading for the new S&W K14. I hadn't packed it away very well and found that it had some surface rust. Pulled it apart and cleaned it. Now I cant get the micrometre to work! :confused:

Can some one tell me how to do this please.

I have emailed Redding but thought that this post might get results quicker.

Ron
04-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys, worked it out and yes, I am still bent over.

Bad Flynch
04-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess the procedure is to determine why the micrometer will not work. A friend of mine bought several Redding bodies and chambers in an auction on ebay recently. Here is what he did:

1-Soak all parts in penetrating oil for an extended length of time. this will eventually loosen all but the most stubborn deposits.

2-Soak/wiggle parts, soak more/wiggle more, etc.

3-Clean the oil off the parts and use reverse electroplating to remove the rust. It really works well, believe it or not.

In case your problem is not due to rust, you need to be more specific as to the reason the micrometer will not work.

Hope that helps.

Ron
04-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks BF, my problem was that I posted the first post before I had finished thinking about my problem. Went back to the shed and had it solved in 30 secs flat. And no I won't tell you what the problem was, just lets say that I should have known better.

e15cap
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Redding will re-condition their stuff for FREE - for life.

montana_charlie
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I won't tell you what the problem was, just lets say that I should have known better.
Did it have anything to do with the little thumbscrew on the side of the measure?
CM

Ron
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
You've been reading my mail Charlie[smilie=1: