PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for 9mm info

Thumbcocker
04-23-2012, 08:34 PM
After readin the threads on cast in 9mm I have fould a load that works well in a Glock 19 and a box stock BHP. Lee 105 wdww sized .358 4.4 of unique. Very light crimp. This is the best group I ever got with the BHP and boolits. Range was 15 yard two handed standing. I think it and the Glock have the potential to do about as well at 25 but I have a long way to go on those triggers after shooting lightened single actions for years.

subsonic
04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Nice. I've shot factory jacketed ammo before that was worse than that. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't me that time.

Squeeze until the surprise.

MtGun44
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I started casting with that boolit in a High Power in 1976, and it worked very well for me,
too. Good job, welcome to the hobby.

Bill

Shiloh
04-28-2012, 11:34 PM
I have trouble with the 105 cycling. Slide won't close consistently.

Shiloh

MtGun44
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Slide failure to close is either no or inadequate taper crimp or boolit seated too long.

Chamber one of your rounds and then eject it unfired. Using magnification if necessary,
examine the portion of the boolit ahead of the case mouth. You are looking for signs
that the boolit is hitting the rifling - so look for 4 or 6 shiny marks on the boolit. If none
are seen, assume that you need more taper crimp - especially if you do not have a
separate taper crimp die.

Use the dismounted barrel for a gage to set LOA (seating depth) and degree of taper
crimp. The round should drop into the chamber fully with no more than a 1 lb fingertip
pressure.

Bill