PDA

View Full Version : May be trading into a .44

Stick_man
04-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I got talking with a guy at a local range this morning and was admiring his .44 Dan Wesson. He was a pretty small framed guy and the .44 was beating the stuffins out of him. He asked if I wanted to shoot it to which of course I looked something like this... :bigsmyl2:

After some more talking, he said he was strongly considering getting rid of it and picking up a light deer rifle and maybe a .22 for plinking. Once again, I had to struggle to keep from :bigsmyl2: as I was looking for nearly the same thing on the other side of a trade.

I should know by next weekend if the trade will happen (after we can get together again for him to see my 10/22 and M77 6mmRem.

Been wanting a .44 or a .45 for a while. Was considering getting a Virginian Dragoon for the old west effect, but I might not be able to pass up another Dan.

Daddyfixit
04-22-2012, 01:38 PM
I got talking with a guy at a local range this morning and was admiring his .44 Dan Wesson. He was a pretty small framed guy and the .44 was beating the stuffins out of him. He asked if I wanted to shoot it to which of course I looked something like this... :bigsmyl2:

After some more talking, he said he was strongly considering getting rid of it and picking up a light deer rifle and maybe a .22 for plinking. Once again, I had to struggle to keep from :bigsmyl2: as I was looking for nearly the same thing on the other side of a trade.

I should know by next weekend if the trade will happen (after we can get together again for him to see my 10/22 and M77 6mmRem.

Been wanting a .44 or a .45 for a while. Was considering getting a Virginian Dragoon for the old west effect, but I might not be able to pass up another Dan.

I have both and would not part with them.
It sounds like a win, win for both of you!

TCLouis
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
EVERYONE should own at least one 44 Mag.

Not every load out of a 44 Mag has to be a huffenpufferrompeenstomper either.
429421 and some AA#5 or Unique will be pleasant to shoot and powerful enough for a lot of a 44 Maggies duty.

Lefty SRH
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
My only concern would be can you find replacemnt parts for the Dan Wesson. Also, I know nothing about Dan Wesson revolvers other than they look VERY nice.

Stick_man
04-23-2012, 08:05 PM
My only concern would be can you find replacemnt parts for the Dan Wesson. Also, I know nothing about Dan Wesson revolvers other than they look VERY nice.

Not too much of a concern. There are several places out there making parts for them, plus they simply never wear out or break. :)

On that 744, both barrels are ported. Anything special to know about shooting boolits through ported Dans? Full underlug on the 6", partial on the 8". Both are in excellent condition. I bet the gun hasn't even seen 200 rounds through it.