PDA

View Full Version : left hand gloves

quilbilly
04-21-2012, 02:35 PM
This afternoon I am helping clean up the nearby campground that the county can't afford to maintain. The chainsaw, trimmers and rake are in the truck along with the shovel to fill the chuckhole in front of the boat launch. I am looking for gloves. I find five, count 'em -five- right hand gloves and some are brand new never used. Not one solitary left glove. This can't be random. This may be a mystery of the ages.:veryconfu

frkelly74
04-21-2012, 02:38 PM
A right wing conspiracy!!

Hickory
04-21-2012, 02:49 PM
If they have a leather palm, I'll take them.

starmac
04-21-2012, 02:54 PM
I do the same thing, except it is the right ones that disappear. lol

I might as well be crippled when I wear gloves, and only ever use them when it is too cold not to.
I remove the right one anything I have to do anything with a hand.

geargnasher
04-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Years ago I was commuting a stretch of road daily that seemed to have an abnormally high percentage of mud boots strewn about, you know, the ones that the concrete dudes store between the cab and bed of their pickup trucks. After passing on maybe two or three good looking ones, I decided to start picking them up. I found maybe 8-10 of them, all 9Ds, all left boots. I kept them for years hoping I'd spot a right boot somewhere and have a pair. I finally tossed them all, and you'll never guess what I found in the road a mile from the house a short time later!

Gear

Chicken Thief
04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Any golfers?
They only use left gloves.

Rick N Bama
04-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Most likely they're in the same hole in the floor that live primers fall into:)

Rick

Goatwhiskers
04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
A critter genetically similar to the one that takes one sock of a pair from the washer/dryer (never been determined exactly when the disappearance occurs). Goat :veryconfu

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-21-2012, 10:49 PM
quilbilly, we need to get together.
while running my wood splitter, I continually wear out the right glove.
I run the valve with the left hand...the left glove hardly ever sees any hard usage.
If I haven't thrown them out, I'm sure I have a few lefties in the garage gathering dust.

Likewise, alot of the welders at one of the jobsites I work at,
throw away new looking right handed weldering gloves.
Jon

Frank46
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Gear, down here in Louisiana we call those boots "Delcombe Reabocks" Don't know about the spelling but you get the idea. Delcombe is a small town that does a lot of shrimping. Most popular color is white. Frank

Ramar
04-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Called wedding boots where I come from.
Ramar

Goatwhiskers
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Actually I've seen a wedding performed where the bride and groom wore those Delcambre Reeboks. It was performed on a raft on Old River. Goat :redneck:

AkMike
04-22-2012, 12:24 PM
When I'm welding I usually get the left glove too hot holding something and the leather shrinks so I can't wear it. I have tossed many very good righ hand gloves.

mooman76
04-22-2012, 01:08 PM
That's funny because I was straightening up my workbench and I found 5 left hand gloves.

contender1
04-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Fun thread.
I have often wondered about the fact you can be driving down the road and see just ONE shoe. Dress shoes, tennis shoes, boots etc. All will appear to be adult, most likely male, and yet, almost NEVER a pair anywhere. I have wondered where that one-legged fool is who keeps on throwing out a good shoe.

beagle
04-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah, right hand gloves are rare as extras. I lay a lot of rock and being righthanded, the right hand gloves get the most wear and go quicker./beagle

justingrosche
04-23-2012, 06:35 AM
I may be able to help with the mystery. When gloves are bought in bulk, in dozens or gross, they are packet in the shipping containers in two stacks, lefts and rights. I assume at the factory, a person or a machine makes just one type, either left or right and piles them up and so they would be boxed separated as such.
Now the one shoe along side the road thing has had me baffled for years.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Justin,
this doesn't happen much in Minnesota...maybe the ground is too cold :)
but this video may help explain it...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsj9YHfLU4g&feature=relmfu