PDA

View Full Version : Bad news from down home

Jim
04-20-2012, 08:46 PM
My brother called. My Moma is dying.

I know all y'all will be there for me, but there's a coupla' things I want y'all to know.

Moma is 94 years old. She and Daddy had a good life together and got to travel all over the world. Moma has had a house full of grand youngins in her house many times over and has been surrounded by good friends all her life.

She is home and in her bed and being taken care of by Hospice. What I asked God is that he would take her while she is asleep in her own bed in her own house. I'm askin' y'all to pray for the same thing.

This ain't easy for me, fellas. I've faced some magnificent challenges in my time and have struggled with some real hills. But comin' on here and tellin' y'all this, I'd rather one of y'all beat the livin' stuffins outa' me. I can heal from that.

I 'preciate y'all bein' there for me. I'll keep ya' posted.

oneokie
04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Words fail me, Jim. Prayers for all.

472x1B/A
04-20-2012, 09:03 PM
My prayers are with you sir. I know how you feel, mom pasted away last year at 97. Be strong, be safe.

slide
04-20-2012, 09:10 PM
God be with you Jim. I have been where you are and you will get through it. May your prayers be answered.

Love Life
04-20-2012, 09:12 PM
I will pray for her and you Jim.

Bloodman14
04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
You have my prayers as well.

Janoosh
04-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Faith, Prayers, and Peace be with you Jim. Remember the times spent together. My mom passed away when I was 18, my Mom was 42.I'm 59 now and can't remember the sound of her voice, or the taste of her cooking. Cherish... ALL the time spent together. Prayers sent!

Rockchucker
04-20-2012, 09:50 PM
My sincere condolences Jim

Sasquatch-1
04-20-2012, 10:00 PM
May she go peacably as you stated and go to a place where she can reunite with all who went befor her.

DRNurse1
04-20-2012, 10:02 PM
My brother called. My Moma is dying.

I know all y'all will be there for me, but there's a coupla' things I want y'all to know.

Moma is 94 years old. She and Daddy had a good life together and got to travel all over the world. Moma has had a house full of grand youngins in her house many times over and has been surrounded by good friends all her life.

She is home and in her bed and being taken care of by Hospice. What I asked God is that he would take her while she is asleep in her own bed in her own house. I'm askin' y'all to pray for the same thing.

This ain't easy for me, fellas. I've faced some magnificent challenges in my time and have struggled with some real hills. But comin' on here and tellin' y'all this, I'd rather one of y'all beat the livin' stuffins outa' me. I can heal from that.

I 'preciate y'all bein' there for me. I'll keep ya' posted.
May His peace help you through this time. I am confident He is taking care of your mom. The toughest thing is to be left here. Peace and Grace. DRNurse1

Stick_man
04-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Prayers are with you sir, and your family.

gbrown
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
May God's grace be upon your mother and you and your family. I pray that she will have a peaceful passing. I pray that you will be at peace with it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. Glenn

sledgehammer001
04-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Prayers sent everybody. Lost my dad last Oct., so I know the hurt down deep.

Roundnoser
04-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I lost my Dad when I was 25 years old. It won't be easy for awhile, but count your blessings...you've had a life-long relationship with her, and she has enjoyed many years with you and the rest of your family. -- We should all be so lucky to live such a long life surrounded by those we love.

We'll all be thinking of you and your Mother. Take care.

Huskerguy
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Faith in God is the key. Enjoy every minute and the great memories. Count your blessings and remember the good times. My mother just passed away on April 4 at age 78. She had a pretty miserable life, poor health and died with nothing to her name but she did have 5 great children and many grandchildren. Those memories and no regrets are important my friend. May you find comfort and peace in our Lord.

Lance Boyle
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Sounds like she was truly blessed. I pray for peace for all of the family.
With greatest sympathy to you Jim.

LUCKYDAWG13
04-20-2012, 10:48 PM
prayers are sent

skeettx
04-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Amen, and Amen
Prayers sent
Mike

Frank46
04-20-2012, 11:13 PM
My prayers go out to you and your family. Frank

jcwit
04-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Thoughts and Prayers to you and yours. May your mother have peace!

Uncle R.
04-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Best wishes to you Jim - I've been down that road and it's never easy.
<
In the midst of all the hurting and sadness remember to be good to your family members too - some of them might be needing a strong shoulder right about now.
<
You'll do what you have to because that's what you have to do - and you'll lean on family when you need to because that's what family is about.
Remember that most of us here are family in a way too - and we're happy to lend a shoulder now and then.
<
Uncle R.

WILCO
04-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Sorry to hear of this Jim. I'll fire off a prayer for you and your family. Stay strong. Keep moving forward.

wallenba
04-21-2012, 12:59 AM
God bless her Jim. I know that you are a generous man, giving of yourself to help the youths you mentor. We read your posts about teaching reloading and other skills to them. This speaks volumes about her, as she brought you up right. My prayers for you and the family.

Ramar
04-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Jim,
Prayers are sent, be strong.
Ramar

04-21-2012, 04:22 AM
God bless her Jim. I know that you are a generous man, giving of yourself to help the youths you mentor. We read your posts about teaching reloading and other skills to them. This speaks volumes about her, as she brought you up right. My prayers for you and the family.

What he said and prayers sent.

lead-1
04-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Prayers be with you and your whole family, hang in there.

missionary5155
04-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Good morning Jim
I sure will pray for her going home and the family. May God give you all His peace through these days.
Mike in Peru

stubshaft
04-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Prayers sent and heartfelt condolences Jim.

square butte
04-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Prayers your and mothers way. You've had her a good long time and are very fortunate.

Wal'
04-21-2012, 07:37 AM
My thoughts are with you. there's something special about our Mom's, miss mine.

Bret4207
04-21-2012, 07:43 AM
My thoughts and prayers to you Jim.

castalott
04-21-2012, 07:48 AM
I send you and your momma love. mercy, and faith in my prayers

blademasterii
04-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Though we lose the ones we love in the flesh, they will live forever in the memories they have created. May she go peacefully into the last embrace of the Father. Try not to dwell on the passing, instead remember the life leading up to it. Sending you the best wishes for peace and strength to overcome.

Houndog
04-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Prayers offered up.

May GOD comfort you and yours in this time of need.

gray wolf
04-21-2012, 08:39 AM
I am very sorry to here about this Jim, I will say a prayer for you and your dear mother. You have a good heart my friend and we all know it.
Stay strong, and stay well.

Sam in Maine

myg30
04-21-2012, 08:41 AM
May God be with you and your family in this time of need.

My prayers to you and your family Jim,

Mike

Jeffrey
04-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Prayers said. J

gnoahhh
04-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Hang in there Jim. It sounds like your Momma raised a good man.

MT Gianni
04-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Jim, nothing in life prepares us for the loss of a parent. You have prayers from our household.

shooterg
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like both of you have been lucky - a good Mom and a good son. Prayers sent.

waksupi
04-21-2012, 11:59 AM
It's a hard time in life, Jim. Enjoy the time you have left together.

DCM
04-21-2012, 12:20 PM
We will keep you and yours in our prayers.

Jim
04-21-2012, 04:08 PM
I've got more and better friends on this forum that I've never met than all I have accumulated in my entire life. Thank ya', fellas. I really do 'preciate y'all bein' there for me.

Ya' know, it strikes me that this whole group is just like a bunch of Irish brothers. We might squabble amongst ourselves, but you let one of us get in a bad way or some outsider start somethin' with one of us an' that's when you find out just how tight we really are.

I'm leavin' outa' here (home) Monday to go down to SC to spend a day with Moma, my brother and my son. I'll let y'all know what the situation is either Monday evenin' or sometime Tuesday.

It's kinda' odd how this will mess with ya' head. Ya' prepare for this for years and then when it does come, even with warning, you're still not ready for it. Well, you do the best you can with what strength you have and you just keep goin', right?

OBIII
04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Jim, our condolences and prayers for you are there. My momma died in my home in 96, cancer, my Wifes momma died in 1982 in the Hospital, her daddy died (cancer) in 87 at home. We feel your pain and have experienced it ourselves. Best wishes for you and your family.

WILCO
04-21-2012, 04:42 PM
It's kinda' odd how this will mess with ya' head. Ya' prepare for this for years and then when it does come, even with warning, you're still not ready for it.

It's like riding a roller coaster Jim. Clickety clack clickety clack all the way to the top.
You can see for miles and miles. You know what's next, but it still grabs ya as your plunging downward in a fantastic rush. Your all balled up inside, holding tight and catching your breath. Suddenly, it's done. And that's what this bridge in your life is. You'll cross it. Real men do. Real men deal with the hard things in life. Real men are the rock that others cling to. Stay strong. Keep moving forward.

largom
04-21-2012, 05:11 PM
JIM, I am in the same position as you are. My mother is 89 yrs. old. Mom is no longer capable to function on her own. Mom's food must be puried in a blender, she cannot control her bowels and cannot walk, requires 24 hr. care. My mother was always a very active person and is now suffering in her present condition. Like you, I pray she goes quietly in her sleep.

Larry

Rick N Bama
04-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Jim I sincerely hope your Mom's passing is easy for her for I have a feeling she deserves it.

It'll hurt now & hurt forever, but it does get easier as time goes by. I lost my Dad in '80 & my Mom in '01 & I still think of them every day.

May God bless you & your family.

Rick

blackthorn
04-21-2012, 06:14 PM
The best thing we can hope for is that when it is time we can pass quietly in our sleep. We pray for your mother to have an easy passing and for you and yours to be strong and comforted in this trying time.

Ralph and Gail.

Olevern
04-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Prayers going up for your momma and the family. "God will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is fixed on Him"

Tom W.
04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Prayers from Here, too. I lost my Dad two years ago, and my mother a year and a half, my wife almost a year ago. It will get bad, but it gets easier with time. There's still times that I start to the phone to call Mom and ask her a question, though..

crowbuster
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Nothin easy about it.

gbrown
04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Mom and Dad have been gone for 15 years and 17 years, respectively. I was blessed to be with each of them at the moment they went home. I still miss them. Wish I could sit at the kitchen table and talk to Mom or go out fishing or hunting with Dad. It gets easier with time, but still a hollow place in my heart. Stay strong and get through it, all the advice I can say. My memories of my parents are when they were young and vivacious. I want to keep it that way. Many of your "family" on this forum have been there, done that. We love you and are all praying for you.

Wayne Smith
04-21-2012, 08:25 PM
We have both been the next generation to go home for some time now. It is that, a home going, and I expect to see my Dad and Mom again when I get there. I to pray for a peaceful transition. My stepmom said that my Dad woke up, asked if both of us boys had gotten into town, she said "Yes, they are both here", he smiled, and he died. It was that peaceful. It doesn't have to be asleep.

smoked turkey
04-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Jim, you have received much good council, thoughts and prayers from your friends here at Castboolits. I want you to know that you and your wonderful family are in my thoughts and prayers as well. Jim you will never be ready for this event. It doesn't matter how old or sick they are. Yes it is a blessing for them when it happens and you will grieve even though you know its coming. You wouldn't be a good son if you didn't. I think you have prayed the best prayer for your mom at such a time as this. As has been stated you will grieve, you will miss her and never forget her, but it will get better. God bless you and your family and grant you all peace and comfort for this moment.

Three44s
04-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Jim,

Good on you that you think of what's best for your mother rather yourself at this most difficult time.

Prayers sent from here!!

And may God bless your entire family and help you all get through this transition.

Best regards

Mark

gray wolf
04-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Still in our prayers JIM

GW

Rick Hodges
04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
My prayers go out to you and yours Jim.

41mag
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Hey there Jim, just another shoulder to lean on here.

My mom is 82 and still trying to keep up with the great grandkids, and to be honest she does a darned good job of it. That said, it won't be long until we will need to move up there close to take care of her. She has taken care of everyone else her whole life, and deserves the best we can give her.

I send my thoughts and prayers out to you and yours.

God Bless brother, hang in there.

linotype
04-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Our prayers and our hearts go out to you, and your family, Jim.
Lost both my parents. While the loss is hard, their love and the life lessons they left you remain in your soul.
God bless, and take care,
John

Charlie Two Tracks
04-24-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry for the news Jim. I do wish you peace during this time and a healing touch from our Father.

Recluse
04-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Jim,

You know the Texas bunch down here is thinking of you and praying for your mama and family.

We're all getting to that age where we're vulnerable to losing parents, and it reinforces the cycle of life in us. It's yet one more reason my Christian faith is so important to me, even though often times my mouth and sometimes my actions belie that. It's the human side, I suppose.

You take care and holler out if you need anything.

:coffee:

Circuit Rider
04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Jim, we stand in prayer with you . The Lord will let her go home peacefully in her sleep. Never met you Jim, probably never will in this life, but I'm confident I speak for your Brothers on this forum, our love and concern go with you. CR

rockrat
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Prayers with you and your family. You had many years with her, remember them and she will never be gone.

Bullet Caster
04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Jim,
My heartfelt prayers are for you and your mother. I just lost my mother 2 years ago in May. I know the hurt that you are feeling. I feel sure that the Good Lord will grant you your prayer request. It really makes a difference to be at home. My mom died in the hospital, but we were all there by her side. BC

tanstafl10
04-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Just saw this Jim. My thoughts are with you and yours.
There is never a good time. Just think of the good times and smile....