PDA

View Full Version : wolff small rifle magnum primmers

27judge
04-18-2012, 11:09 PM
i have a pile of wolff magnum small rifle primmers can i use them in the 300 blackout with 1680 and 296 with 170 to 202 grain cast bullets tks ken

bobthenailer
04-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I dont see why not if the load is worked up with them ! although accuracy might possibly be affected ?
as every gun is different. But i would give them a try !

cutter_spc
04-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Form what I've seen you will actually benefit from the use of mag primers when using those two powders at least.

c3d4b2
04-20-2012, 11:18 PM
I do not know if this applies to these primers......

It seems that some of the Russian magnum primers were standard primers with a thicker military type cup. ( It seems there was a translation issue.....)

Later there were AR primmers and true magnum primers where the AR primers had the thicker cups and the magnum had more ignition energy.

Houndog
04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
It seems that some of the Russian magnum primers were standard primers with a thicker military type cup. ( It seems there was a translation issue.....)

This is the case with the Wolf Small Rifle Magnum primers. They have a thicker cup and a standard priming pellet.

BTW: These are some of the best primers I've ever used in the bench gun! I'm getting deviation numbers in the low single digets and they have been VERY consistant lot to lot.