PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Big Max

iomskp
04-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Today I decided it was time to use my RCBS Shotshell Cowboy Dies and load up some brass shells for my 12 gauge rifle, all was going well until I got out the Big Max the cowboy dies are too small for the Big Max, does anybody know if RCBS makes a bush, the cowboy dies are too big for my other press and I don't want to buy another press if I can get a bush.

Sasquatch-1
04-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Have you tried contacting RCBS. They are easy to deal with.

M-Tecs
04-18-2012, 09:08 AM
The RCBS Shotshell Cowboy Die has 1-1/4" x 12 threads. Unfortunately the bushing on the Big Max is 1 3/8” -12. The wall thickness is too small to make a bushing for the Big Max. The Big Max is currently in high demand. If you trade or sell your Big Max you should come out well.

I don’t have any RCBS Shotshell Cowboy Dies. From the pictures it looks like the 1-1/4" x 12 threads on the outside of the die is just a holder for the guts of the die. If the guts are removable making a new outside of the die would be possible. I could give you a hand with that but I just moved my shop. It will be a couple of weeks before I am a operational.

cheese1566
04-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Any of them here:
http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/presses/ptb

iomskp
04-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Thank you one and all for your replies I have followed up on all the advise given and sadly the only way I can use the cowboy dies is in a press with a 1 1/4 thread, I just ordered it thanks again