PDA

View Full Version : John Ross on TV in gun discussion

John Ross
04-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Here's the video of me on a panel discussion of gun issues that aired Saturday, April 14 on KPLR-11 at 7PM.

http://kplr11.com/2012/04/16/st-louis-pulse-nra-meeting-meaning/

ErikO
04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks for sharing the link. :)

jcwit
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks a bunch, very good presentation.

slinger35
04-18-2012, 07:34 PM
John,

Excellent interview, great responces, very well spoken.

Joe Claflin

geargnasher
04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
GOOD JOB JOHN! I wish Wayne LaPierre was even half as sharp as you are.

I'm constantly amazed at how disconnected from reality people like that governer are. They can't even make a direct, intelligent response to a simple question. It's simple: More than enough REGULATION already exists, it's ENFORCEMENT that's the issue. Crimes commited with guns are ALREADY crimes!!!! If you want to reduce crime, enforce murder/injury/assault/robbery laws. Just because you criminalize something doesn't mean it will stop, I don't get it. I get so mad at these mentally libtarded morons I could just puke.

"When guns are outlawed, only criminals will have guns". Just like criminals, or those who will become such by commiting crimes with guns in the future, can get guns illegally NOW.

Gear

waksupi
04-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Ever think of going for Wayne Lapierre's job?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
04-18-2012, 10:41 PM
"There are alot of responsible gunowners... and most of them are."

Did he really just say this??? I think I heard a snicker from someone behind the camera and the look on your face John was priceless!!!

Way to go John! You had logical arguments that made sense and the democrat really had no rebuttal. He talked alot and wasted my time, but made no real arguments. Just talk.

:drinks:

Recluse
04-19-2012, 02:12 AM
John,

Outstanding, outstanding, outstanding job and a SUPERB representation of the average NRA member who like you, handles him or herself well, is composed, not a Rambo-in-waiting, and is a solid citizen.

We could really use you on the BOD--have you ever considered running? If so, I'd like to think that with just the talent we have here at Cast Boolits, we could mount a very positive, aggressive campaign to get you a seat on the Board.

:coffee:

Ramar
04-19-2012, 03:40 AM
Good job John! Great self control!
Ramar

WILCO
04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Good job John! Great self control!
Ramar

Ditto for me! My only critique would be to dress better for a media appearance.
You were sitting in a den of well dressed snakes and the idiots watching only seen you as a country bumpkin gun owner.

This book is an invaluable asset for me, and it could be for you as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Gentlemans-Guide-Grooming-Bernhard-Roetzel/dp/0760762481

Echo
04-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Way To Go, John!

19112TAP
04-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Good job John!

Fishman
04-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Great link. I enjoyed it. Maybe you changed a few people's minds. As for your opponent, geez what a little weasel.

geargnasher
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Ditto for me! My only critique would be to dress better for a media appearance.
You were sitting in a den of well dressed snakes and the idiots watching only seen you as a country bumpkin gun owner.

This book is an invaluable asset for me, and it could be for you as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Gentlemans-Guide-Grooming-Bernhard-Roetzel/dp/0760762481

I have to disagree. I believe the casual dress was very appropriate. John is not a "suit", nor does he need to play one on TV.

Being comfortable in casual clothes in front of a news camera is ten times more effective apperance-wise than looking miserable in a suit that doesn't fit (like the Gov.). There is something subliminal about the way a person presents themselves, regardless of dress. Even an idiot can tell who's in charge and who's a blubbering fool.

I think he could have worn a straw hat and stained overalls and still delivered the message just as well.

Gear

Longwood
04-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I see five videos there.
Which one is it please?

GREENCOUNTYPETE
04-19-2012, 10:08 PM
very god job John , not nice of them to out number you and try and lead you down a road of bogus , junk law , like you said it didn't ring true with your experiences of dealing with local and federal law enforcement.

they wouldn't be happy till they had a data base of who owned every gun , and where they were stored , Canada tried that , it didn't make crime stop , and recently stopped the program .

I couldn't agree more with you on the ridiculousness of the mind numbing regs on barrel length stock length total length number of US made parts even if the gun was imported 15 or 20 years ago, ect....

make it simple if you want a rifle with a short barrel or a shotgun with a short barrel , make them available , have the purchaser be 21 and fill out the extra check that is done for a hand gun and be done with it. then if you want to add the stock on your t/c contender with the 14 inch barrel and go beating thru the brush looking for deer so be it.

a pistol doesn't become more dangerous if a stock is added , nor does a rifle become more concealable than a pistol if the barrel is shortened. making criminals of people who are trying to follow the laws , that are very difficult at times to understand , just because they are one part short of r922 compliance doesn't make them a bad person.

sorry about the rant , good job

Dennis Eugene
04-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Nice job, Thanks. Dennis

PbHurler
04-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Unbelievable restraint John,
Fantastic job, Thank You!

John Ross
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
My only critique would be to dress better for a media appearance.

I agree completely! However, I got the call to appear on this show on my cell phone about an hour before it was going to be shot. I was in my car 40 minutes from my house. Changing clothes was not an option. I got to the station ten minutes before the cameras rolled.

The station had thought Wayne LaPierre would be there, then got a call from one of his people that he didn't do panel discussions, only one-on-one interviews. I was a last-minute fill-in.

JR

geargnasher
04-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Interesting LaPierre doesn't do panel discussions now. I watched a "segment" on one of the so-called news shows a year or two ago that was essentially him and three others in a "who can be the loudest and talk over the others the most" competition, truly a disgrace to all involved.

Gear

Buckshot
04-23-2012, 03:02 AM
.............John my hat is off to you for several reasons, but primarily for your self control :-) When that representative of the local liberal conclave (the one sitting between you and the female host of the show) stated in such a manner as if it were a fact, that the perp who shot Ms.Giffords used an AUTOMATIC firearm and "Sprayed hundreds of rounds into the crowd", was in fact using pure emotion, and was totally out to sea with the facts of the matter.

The words Buffoon, Moron, and liberal sycophant would have come out of my mouth. What he said is EXACTLY the reason that the NRA and the several other pro 2nd Amendment groups were forced to become political. Furthermore the NRA has NEVER stopped preaching and teaching firearms and hunter safety. That brainless boob was preaching what he'd obviously heard other anti 2nd Amendment kneejerk, uneducated liberal hacks spew from the television and print media to the great unwashed. The fact that he did so, KNOWING he didn't know squat about that he was saying merely proves the point.

I don't know how in the world you kept from grabbing him by the stacking swivel and bringing him up short. Glad you didn't, but there you have it [smilie=1:

...............Buckshot