PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding cheddite hull loads

BCM45
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
I want to use a .575 round ball in a 20ga with blue dot powder and a cheddite hull. I cannot find any load data for a regular slug load with this hull much less a roundball. I already have WAA20 wads and would like to use these since I have 2000 of them on hand. Unless someone know where I can find winchester hulls with out buying a box of shell and shooting them up.

UNIQUEDOT
04-17-2012, 10:57 PM
WAA20's are a poor choice for that hull as the cheddites are straight walled and you will get powder migration with that wad/hull combo. Federal wads fit cheddite hulls almost as well as European wads and federal wads are what i use in them. I have used federal data with cheddite hulls, but if you do this, you do it at your own risk. I contacted Alliant several years ago regarding my desire to do so and reported my findings to the tech i spoke to regarding the hull capacity and base wad design and was told that i SHOULD be okay interchanging the data.

runfiverun
04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
you would be better off with remington hulls anyways.
cheddite hulls are a name brand.
reifenheusen is the type that they are,same as a federal.

UNIQUEDOT
04-18-2012, 12:29 AM
you would be better off with remington hulls anyways.

Not always, reifenhauser tubes are often the better choice for round balls and slug loads because there is no tapering to cause bulging and the walls are thinner. There is more room to work with when loading heavy and magnum field loads too. Of course they have short loading lives, but for the hunter that isn't a problem.

BCM45
04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
I am using winchester hulls that are once fired but I cannot find them for sale anywhere. Anyody know where I can find them for sale.

UNIQUEDOT
04-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Are you looking for AA's or the cheap universals? You should be able to find either of them on gunbroker. Or post a want to buy request on this site.

BCM45
04-19-2012, 05:53 AM
I havs some of the universal from wal mart but I cannot find any data for them. I would lile to find som AA's for 20ga in bulk.

runfiverun
04-19-2012, 01:40 PM
remington over the winchester i should have said.
the newer aa's are pretty cheap.

i believe you can get cheddite brand from ballistic products.

BCM45
04-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Do any of you have any load suggestions on loads for the universals?

W.R.Buchanan
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
You can always find Once Fired AA's and Rem STS's on www.trapshooters.com

The people there, are pretty much like the people here. IN fact quite a few people from there are also here. Myself included.

Randy