PDA

View Full Version : Trail boss in 32 auto?

historicfirearms
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone tried trail boss in 32 acp? I want to start loading a bunch of 32 acp on my lee turret press, problem is the auto disc powder thrower will only go down to 2.8 grains of bullseye, the powder I was hoping to use. So maybe trail boss will work, but I cant find any loads for it.

35remington
04-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Historic, you need Lee's Micro disk kit, which allows smaller charges in cavities smaller than those found with the regular disks.

Trail Boss is so bulky for its weight that it would make nothing but squib loads in the little 32 ACP case. You need a denser powder than that, so get the Micro disk kit. It throws Bullseye just fine, and in the weights you need.

Beware of large flake powders when using the small cavities. They will bridge. Stick with Bullseye or other fine granuled powders when throwing charges through the Micro disk.

Trail Boss meters horribly in the small cavities suited for 32 ACP, so that's another reason to avoid its use.

historicfirearms
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM
35remington,
Thanks for the tips. I thought I might have problems with the trail boss. I didn't know about the micro disc kit, I will give that a try.