PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick '' HI '' from the new member.

hightime
04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
First time even looking, but I can see I need to be here. The cast boolits thing is a fit. I love that, I'm cheap and I scrounge the lead. Black powder cartridge is a favorite too. I shoot a Pederosoli Quigly 45-110 Sharps on my own 600 yd. gong range, and I'm about to try blackpowder in my 45 Colt. Uberti 1873 Special Sporting Rifle. I'm also on Paco Kelly's Leverguns forum and have been there a while. I whitetail deer hunt here in MN and Have my remote deer camp on my grandfather's homestead, soon to be 100 years.
I've already read and learned good stuff here today and must say thanks.

Owen

dragonrider
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi Owen, welcome,

RMulhern
04-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Welcome! Just don't come here with ya feelings on your cuff of ya sleeve cuz someone or other may have a tendency to put a burr under ya blanket! Me? Probably but at least you'll know where I stand! I probably get the most 'stars' for the forum curmudgeon being old and cranky but....I mean well! Take what ya read with a grain of salt and it would probably help to have a good BS filter installed! Many guys here have good info!

Again...WELCOME!

littlejack
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the CastBoolits Owen.
Mostly great folks here and plenty of expierience. Rick is correct about being cranky, but yes
he does mean well.
Jack

TXGunNut
04-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Welcome, Owen. BP in 45 Colt is probably the most fun I've had on the range in years. It just feels right.
Rick's like a few others around here; a bit cranky but he's spent years studying boolits and BP and he doesn't mind sharing what he's learned.

bigted
04-21-2012, 12:39 PM
welcome to a great forum. better get a good hold on yer wallet with these hoodlums...they will talk ya into spending tons-o-money and having the time of yer life. the fun never stops here and Rick is rite on the money as well with the "feelings in the open" thing...if they can get rubbed...THEY WILL!

there is tons of great info here as well as other shooters that shoot the pedrosoli rifles. they are good ones but there are other choices and this is where yer wallet comes to play.

i now have 6 45-70's in sharps,,hiwalls,,and lever guns...as well as a dandy 45-120ss that is housed in a very fine shiloh hartford model. i spent way too much in customizing another hiwall to shoot the awsome 38-55 catridge.

this bp shooting will mess ya up and you will enjoy every second of the messin. be prepared for a mind altering experience if you dont already have it in play as we speak...ussually folks are already bit when they show up here so enjoy everybody and the cranky ones the most!!!

WildmanJack
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome Owen,
you have just joined the most entertaining and educational forum on the web... Hang in there, and don't freeze to death up there in Duluth!!!..
Jack

Bullet Caster
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome to Castboolits, Owen. Now that you're addicted it's too late to turn back now.

BP is a real hoot to shoot out of a .45 Colt no matter if it's a rifle or a pistol. At least I enjoy it. BC

hightime
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks from MN.

Owen