PDA

View Full Version : fittin a grip frame

white eagle
04-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Man o man I am fitting a Bisley grip frame to my Super Blackhawk and what a chore that is turning out to be ...
I comes in the white from Brownells and requires some fitting ,.............:roll:
Well let me tell you [smilie=1: if I hadn't had a machining experience I would have sent it back..
It's fun though a true custom from my own hands :drinks:

EDK
04-15-2012, 11:12 PM
My gunsmith charges $110 to fit a grip frame...plus refinishing. AND worth every penny I pay him. Some used grip frames bolt up like they were factory fitted. I've got a couple of stainless VAQUEROS that need trigger jobs and he will fit HUNTER grip frames and SUPER BLACKHAWK hammers. A BISLEY or SUPER BLACK HAWK hammer is a lot easier for guys like me with mild arthritis/early carpal tunnel syndrome.

I just retired as a power plant machinist...can you say millwright...and I'd rather work a couple hours of overtime and pay someone who has better hands than I do. Using four pound and larger hammers is not good practice for fine work...it doesn't do much for your shooting either.

:redneck::cbpour::Fire:

bigboredad
04-17-2012, 12:28 PM
well i wouldn't call that fun my i also don't have mant patience. I am glad you do and I look forward to seeing your little project when done

white eagle
04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
fitting it is a whole lot of finesse work get it close then put your glasses on
can't decide whether to use the Bisley hammer or leave the Super Blackhawk
hammer on [smilie=b:I usually cock the hammer with my left hand annaway [smilie=6: