PDA

View Full Version : Good night

azcoyhunter
04-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Fellow Casters

Yesturday was a bad day at work.

I came home, kissed the wife and went to my Reloading Shed

I did not cast, i just oraganized.

It helps me soo much to just be around my casting equipment,and oraganize, plan future projects ect.....

My daughter came over with the grand kids, and I had my grandson help me sort brass.

He loved it, and I loved the help, as he did not want to change my system, he just helped.

Clint

RugerFan
04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I can relate. Piddling around my reloading bench is sooo theraputic!

RayinNH
04-05-2007, 09:07 PM
When I have those days, I just tell the wife "I need to go shoot something". She understands and I always come home from the range much happier...Ray

454PB
04-05-2007, 10:23 PM
My loading and casting room is a seperate room in my shop, which is about 75 feet from my house. When I head out there, I just tell my wife I'm heading to my "toybox". Yes, it's very comforting to have a sanctuary.

I had my 4 year old grandson out there a few weeks ago, and he spotted my baby weighing scales that I use for alloy preparation. Naturally he wanted to try it out, so he weighed a few pieces of lead lying near the scale. I then explained to him that lead was bad stuff to handle, and he now had to wash his hands. He immediately headed for the house, washed thoroughly, then watched me do the same.

Gotta start training him early!

fatnhappy
04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I just tell my wife I'm heading to my "toybox". Yes, it's very comforting to have a sanctuary.

As I'm down in the basement it's called the "man bunker."

When I head down there after work the only reasons my wife will call to me is to either put my son to bed or dinner. She understands.

scrapcan
04-06-2007, 12:31 AM
When I have those kind of days,

My wife tells me to go shoot something. It is good to have understanding spouses.

I can rearrange,load, or read firearms or reloading manuals and just for get the rest of the world. Don't have a designated room as of yet, but the basement is a good place to be and my wife can sit on the couch near and read or whatever. It is great to have the hobby and the one you love in the same room.

Ricochet
04-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Mine's been known to suggest that I should go out to the range. :-D

Jim
04-06-2007, 01:15 AM
I sit at my bench just about every evening for an hour or so and size brass, reprime, load or just tinker. I talk to my Sweetheart on the phone via an earpiece wire and have a grand time. THEN, when I go to see her, we go to the indoor range and she shoots with me!
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!:-D

357maximum
04-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Mine is called the "man cave" when i come home less than pleasant I have actually been ordered...go to your room. We all need a fortress of solitude from time to time....ain't it great when the other half understands this?

Uncle Grinch
04-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Ironically, I spend a lot of my "Quiet Time" at the range or on the lake jigging for Crappies.

Poygan
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm fortunate in that both my wife and I are introverts and we both realize it. This means we need some solitude frequently. She has her stamping hobby and I have my casting and reloading stuff in the garage. She even bought me a large natural gas heater for the garage. Or maybe that was to encourage me to get out of the house....

mag_01
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Hunter it gives us that much needed break---- Our place to regroup---Slows down to a peaceful place among are many friends----- Boolits---Powder---Primers

danski26
04-06-2007, 01:58 PM
My wife also calls it my "man cave" and I thank God for it!

9.3X62AL
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
The Rotten Daughters began calling me "The Bear" many years ago during the time a beard and long hair were a part of my attire while working narcotics. Those were the days--you could come home from work, mow the lawn without changing clothes, and return to work "as is" without a false fashion step.

But I digress. I'm still called The Bear, and the garage is known as The Bear Habitat. Reloading, boolit casting, auto repair, and now a little boat re-finishing keeps sanity in place.

trk
04-06-2007, 10:37 PM
When friends come over to reload or cast (on 3rd floor) my wife asks them before they go up with me whether or not they've had their shots. Hmmmm. Maybe I should clean it up a little.

Junior1942
04-07-2007, 07:50 AM
You guys almost make me wish I had a wife. Almost.

Powderpacker
04-07-2007, 09:13 AM

Junior - Someone once told me " A man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle" . Not quite sure what they meant by that .

trk
04-07-2007, 11:48 AM

I had an instructor that often said that he'd caught the wrong one - for decades, sad....

I bought my wife a .357 Magnum before I bought her a ring - some things had to be checked out FIRST.

Better alone than with the wrong one - unless you LIKE pain.

1Shirt
04-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Junior, Hear tell that them mail order wives from the orient and Russia might be able to fit your needs. Maybe like a fish needs a bicycle, but who knows!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Dale53
04-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I seem to "hear" a lot of whining about getting the wrong one. Remember who chose her...

Of course, this is coming from some one who picked the RIGHT one 49 years ago. My wife is with my married daughter in Salt Lake City, UT for the birth of our new grandson (this morning at 5:42 A.M.). His name is Dylan Michael Kelsey. That is my first grandson (have three grand daughters). You'll have to excuse me, I'm about fit to bust with gratitude on this most glorious of days (Easter).

I just wish everyone could have been and are as happy as I am. But, for right now (with my wife gone for another two weeks helping our daughter) I am here to tell you that "batching" it is for the birds. The house is empty as can be.

The good news is that she'll be home in a couple of weeks. One good thing is I am loosing weight (it's much easier to stay on a diet when I am cooking[smilie=1:).

Dale53

blackthorn
04-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Dale53--congratulations. Grandkids are great!! I only have one, she is almost 23 and we are real close. My second wife (miss right) has three, ranging in age from 22 down to 17. Unfortunately none of the grand kids has ever had more than a passing intrest in shooting sports, but to each his own. In the wife department, 32 yeares with miss wrong and 14 years with miss right!! When you get the right one life suddenly gets a whole lot better. Miss right supports me in everything I do and I try to do the same for her. We too find that personell space (and respect for that need) is one of the keys to marital bliss.

Sundogg1911
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM
I have my casting room and upstairs office about 50 feet from the house, with a deck off the upstairs facing the woods. (Sometimes getting away just has to be a little away) We had some nice weather last week and I went out on the deck to trim .223 brass. After about a half hour my 18 year old Daugther Adrienne (Who knew I was having a bad day) came over, brought me a cigar and a glass of scotch. She asked what I was doing, so I told Her and showed Her how the Lyman trimmer worked (it's the one that uses a cordless screwdriver) She sat there with me for almost 2 hours trimming brass with me and just talking. It was one of the nicest evenings i've had in a long time. :drinks: Next week She wants to learn to use the Master Caster (She's been hand casting the past few years for Her Walther PPK) It's really great to have a Daddys girl who loves casting,reloading, and shooting almost as much as Daddio (My Daughters nickname for me)
And it also keeps Her Boyfriend in line after taking Him to the range watching her bang steel plates with the little PPK. She went about 20 shots before a Miss. He Hit one out of about every 3 [smilie=1: