PDA

View Full Version : Digital scale from group buy?

Ohio Rusty
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
A while back, maybe a year ago? There was a group buy on the list for Digital powder/bullet scales. Are there any of those left or any available that wasn't bought? I'm interested in a digital, but the prices the sporting goods places are selling them for are pretty cost prohibitive for me currently.
Thanx !!
Ohio Rusty

floodgate
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Rusty:

I got one of those, and found it pretty unreliable and inaccurate, so put it away. PM me an address and I'll kick it off to you, if you want to give it a try - and IF I can find it! I'll cover postage, and you can make a donation to the site if you like.

floodgate

Ken O
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree with floodgate, I bought a couple to just sort brass and bullets with. I did a comparison with the Pact and it was way off, so I got out the Ohaus ballance beam and the Pact was always right on, the group buy ones were totally inaccurate and not repeatable. I wouldn't trust it for brass, let alone powder. I don't feel cheated because the price was so low, I got what I paid for.

gregg
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree with floodgate, I bought a couple to just sort brass and bullets with. I did a comparison with the Pact and it was way off, so I got out the Ohaus ballance beam and the Pact was always right on, the group buy ones were totally inaccurate and not repeatable. I wouldn't trust it for brass, let alone powder. I don't feel cheated because the price was so low, I got what I paid for.

yup Me too

Herb in Pa
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Same here, perhaps good enough to check if a first class letter is over, but nothing more.............