PDA

View Full Version : crooked chamber contender/range report

brotherdarrell
04-11-2012, 06:29 PM
gentlemen - finally got to the range this morning to shoot the 7mm t/cu with the crooked chamber. I did'nt load many to shoot, 10 ea. with 140 gr rem core-lok and 140 gr. sierra gameking over 23 gr. Imr4895. While coming to any conclusions based off one three shot group and a couple 5 shot groups may be pre-mature I think it shows promise. I attribute the 100 yd groups to operator error at this time. My reputation as a pistolero is dubious at best, and this is the first time I have shot a contender in any form. The scope is a 2.5x T/C with a dot, two horizontal bars and one vertical below the dot, none of which are attached to the dot. Next time I will be putting my 2.5 x 8x weaver on the pistol to be a little more precise @ 100 yds.

If I can get the same relative accuracy at 100 yds. that is shown at 50 will that translate to boolits? Is cast less able to overcome the crooked chamber as compare to jacketed? This pistol was a joy to shoot and I would dearly like to shoot cast through it.

thanks for all thoughts and comments

brotherdarrell