PDA

View Full Version : Drillspot

0verkill
04-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Came across this link in another thread here
http://www.drillspot.com/products/521055/econoline_526040g-40_40_lbs_blast_media
It was reccomended because of price and because it doesn't get stuck in flash holes. Price is great and includes shipping. It is ground a lot finer than what I'm used to, so while I haven't used it yet it shouldn't stick in the flash hole. I assume it may take a little longer but give a better luster due to the finer grit, but that's just my guess. It's hard to visualize 40 ponds of media until you have to find another 5 gallon bucket with a lid because the first one's full. (it came packaged in a heavy duty paper bag, the kind you buy seed taters in)
I'd also like to brag on their shipping. I placed my order Easter Sunday, got a "your order has shipped" email about 0600 Monday, order arrived about 1730 today (Tuesday). Good service for an order placed around a holiday. It may help UPS getting it here since Ohio and Kentucky border each other, but kudos to Drillspot fot getting it on the truck so fast too.

LUBEDUDE
04-11-2012, 06:23 AM
I know that you are talking about the corn cob media. However if anyone gets side tracked with some of those other pictures or ads for aluminum oxide - the black stuff, stay away! I bought some a few years back and it stained my brass with a black film. It looked like it would not come off. It was on some of my competition 38 brass which just gets cylcled among 20k on hand, so it will be a while before it comes back up in the mix.

0verkill
04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Good catch, maybe I should have actually stated it was corn cob.

dauntlessdave
04-13-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm happy with their corn cob media. The price is right although I probably bought enough for 2 lifetimes.

DLCTEX
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
That is a big bag of media. Good deal.