PDA

View Full Version : Biggest High velocity Blaster Not Needed

ksriverrat
04-10-2012, 11:32 PM
This YouTube vid is interesting to me because it gives a visually clear image of what can happen when a heavy lead bullet is driven at what some would consider slow velocities.

The fact it is done with an air gun is kind of cool to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tfKXfUvOSw

waksupi
04-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Very interesting. It appears that range judgement is critical, as the flight of the bullet was showing a real curved trajectory. I would like to have a bit bore air gun one of these days. I think I would go with a lighter projectile for a flatter trajectory, and forget the hollow points.

Gunnut 45/454
04-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Yea I could see a 300gr slug would be going about 1000 fps or more ,more energy and would kill those pigs just as dead. They had another vid shooting a .58 cal 630 gr slug going about 850 fps it didn't exist the pig like the 430 gr 45 cal. Of course both pigs died quite quickly. No big deal to take pigs with pistol velocity rounds- especially considering those Air rifles cost 4 grand and up! :(

TCTex
04-15-2012, 10:13 AM
No big deal to take pigs with pistol velocity rounds- especially considering those Air rifles cost 4 grand and up! :(

Those are mild velocities for revolvers, however, your point is well made. Personally with the cost of the air rifle, I will stick with my specialty pistols… … …

In all actuality, it makes me want to work up a load for my USP H&K 45.