PDA

View Full Version : Chamber size on lone wolf barrels

357reloading
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
The chanber size on lone wolf barrels will fit most if not all factory loads. Really dont know for sure because i shoot cast bullets. I have purchased three Lone wolf barrels, 9MM, 10MM and 40 S&W, all three gave me problems and had to return for chamber resizing. Now 31.60 a pop. Chamber Micro readings on all three were at or less than the size of any of my reloads.

The trick is to send in three of your cast reloads before you order. Talk to the people by phone, to avoid the expense and head aches. Seems not allowed to specify by email a chamber size.

if you only shoot factory ammo, I am sure you will not have a problem. If you size your bullets down, that may work. I always size mine just a thousand over. Lone Wolf writes on Glock talk that reloaders should size bullets to fit the lone wolf version of tight chamber size. Or pay the price of custom reaming.

Bwana
04-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I have these Wolf barrels for my G20: 10mm, 40S&W, 357SIG. I also have a Wolf 40 to 9 conversion bbl for my G23 and G32. Other than not seating the full diameter of the boolit out more than about .050" inch beyond the end of the case there are no concerns with fitting or chambering. I'm just lucky I guess.

buyobuyo
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I run Storm Lake barrels in my G17 and G19. No problems running 0.357" boolits in my reloads.