PDA

View Full Version : Paco kelly leverguns

BIG BEAR
04-10-2012, 04:05 AM
[smilie=s: Has anyone tried to access this site in the last few months. I have tried with 3 different e mail addresses and all are refused. gmail/hot mail and y mail.:oops: is the site still up and running. tks folks.bb

GARCIA
04-10-2012, 06:07 AM
I registered on that site last week and have still not been able to sign in.
Even contacted them about it and still nothing.

Tom

Moondawg
04-10-2012, 07:16 AM
I logged onto the site yesterday, with no problem.. Just make sure you are pure of heart.

gundownunder
04-10-2012, 07:19 AM
I've been a member of leverguns forum for a few years now and for a while we had some problems with spammers etc. I think it is now policy to only accept new members if they have "real" email addresses rather than the free online addresses.

Char-Gar
04-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I was one of those invited to join the board on day one. It is up and running and I access it several times each day. I have no idea what it takes to get registered these days.

jlchucker
04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
[smilie=s: Has anyone tried to access this site in the last few months. I have tried with 3 different e mail addresses and all are refused. gmail/hot mail and y mail.:oops: is the site still up and running. tks folks.bb

I just got done reading that site. I've been accessing it with no trouble. It's one I look at every morning.

bigbear
04-10-2012, 10:50 AM

What dya think?;-), bigbear

W.R.Buchanan
04-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Best site on Leverguns out there. I have read virtually everything pertaining to tweaking Marlins, .44's, .45-70's on there, and I have used most of it myself.

The instructions on tuning a Marlin rifle are invaluable. I have done 5 guns using this information and it is easy to execute and well explained. I wish more people would read it and use it.

I have nothing but respect for a man who believes you actually need to know how to shoot before you go hunting.

Paco's rule of 100 shots in practice for every 100 yards of distance you shoot really defines competance.

I had classified him as one of "them that knows" along time before I found this place.

I have no idea how to address the forums however I felt it necessary to add my .02 about the site. It would be a great loss to the shooting community if it went down.

Randy

pdawg_shooter
04-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Was there this morning. Dont go often, not much there for me.

lbaize3
04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Go to http://www.leverguns.com/backkupfirstpage.htm You can not get on the forum, but all the articles and other goodies are there....

alamogunr
04-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Went there to see what was going on. Nothing out of the ordinary. I haven't been there in quite awhile but my last log-in was still active. I ought to check in at least once a week. A lot of interesting stuff.

pmeisel
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
worked ok for me. I should visit more often

emrah
04-14-2012, 08:38 PM
The original "link" is a no-go.

It's here: http://levergunscommunity.com/

Emrah

kelbro
04-15-2012, 09:53 AM
You might also try http://levergunscommunity.org

Both addresses work for me.

BIG BEAR
04-15-2012, 11:37 PM
You might also try http://levergunscommunity.org

Both addresses work for me.I give up trying to register,.[smilie=s: I tried my wifes e-mail address and i got a ALREADY in USE. i can acess the site,but can not register, therefore can not post.:takinWiz: no big deal. thank you folks for trying to help me out. GLENN

emrah
04-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Same thing happened to me, but I forgot how I finally got it to work.

Emrah

william iorg
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
As pointed out the spambots made things hot on the Leverguns forum.
All new accounts must be approved by the administrator. Follow the link below and it will help get on the forum.

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34557

hightime
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I've been active on the site for a year or two. A few days ago I had some 'puter trouble and lost my auto login and now I can't. I sent for a new password and got it E-mailed to me, but it didn't work. I then sent a message to the administrator and that hasn't worked. My buddies on Leverguns must be wondering what happend to Hightime.
I am not a spammer nor have I ever been.

Owen

missionary5155
04-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Good morning
Been a member there some years and no trouble yesterday. Mike in Peru

hightime
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
That's great , but now I found this spot and a couple others too.

Owen

TXGunNut
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
That's great , but now I found this spot and a couple others too.

Owen

Sounds like good news all around. I'd guess it's a cybersecurity software issue but I find myself blaming a lot of 'net issues on them lately.

BIG BEAR
04-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I have no trouble getting on the sight,. i just can not register. I even used my wifes e mail address and was told its in use. i give up. thanks all for the help. GLENN/B.B.

Marvin S
04-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I look there about every day.

seasidehunter
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
it is working for me

maybe try this link

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34557

also if you are a Lever gunner you may want to try this site

Marlin owners - lots of lever gunners there

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/

Combat Diver
05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Up and running for me.

CD

Rimfire
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
moved

smokeywolf
05-08-2012, 06:24 AM
I tried to register. They don't like gmail, hotmail, or the free email addresses. Too much spam I guess. Their site says if you send a polite email to Paco or Hobie they will put your gmail, hotmail, whatever address on thier white list and your in.
I sent a polite email, which was politely ignored.

smokeywolf

hightime
05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Keep trying it's worth it. I was quite depressed and felt ignored, but after a few days off I got a new password and all is good now.

Owen

jlchucker
05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
I just got a new computer, and after a couple of days screwing around trying to get everything back that I had before (well, most everything) I tried to log back into the same leverguns website, and asked for a new password. They sent one that didn't work. It's not a bad site but apparently a he** of a thing to get yourself set up on. I'll try it again next week--I'm about computered-out right now. I didn't even bother trying to get back on Greybeard Outdoors. That's one I used to look at but it's now dedicated more to politics and Handi-rifles than anything else. Cast Boolits is enough for what I do, and more!

Just Duke
05-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I just got a new computer, and after a couple of days screwing around trying to get everything back that I had before (well, most everything) I tried to log back into the same leverguns website, and asked for a new password. They sent one that didn't work. It's not a bad site but apparently a he** of a thing to get yourself set up on. I'll try it again next week--I'm about computered-out right now. I didn't even bother trying to get back on Greybeard Outdoors. That's one I used to look at but it's now dedicated more to politics and Handi-rifles than anything else. Cast Boolits is enough for what I do, and more!

try this one then. www.leveractionshooterssociety.com or www.lassnet.net

rhead
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
I tried to log on this morning and the link shifted me here. I went through google to get to the articles and then clicked on the forum link and it worked. No idea why things did not work

W.R.Buchanan
08-28-2012, 01:12 AM
www.leverguns.com/

Randy

HDS
08-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I've been a member of leverguns forum for a few years now and for a while we had some problems with spammers etc. I think it is now policy to only accept new members if they have "real" email addresses rather than the free online addresses.

I think they should revise this policy, so many people nowadays no longer have anything but a hotmail or gmail address. I used to have my own personal domains so I could have a real email, but I stopped that around 2008 and now I just use gmail.

Jack Stanley
08-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm one that has a free email partly because the email I was paying for wanted a lot of money to add a spam filter . I've had a few issues with sites not liking the email provider I have but I really don't join up to everything I see .

The little I've seen of Paco's site I like , especially the articles about the 32-20 and the .30-357 he used to write about in the CBA .

Jack

rhead
09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I had a problem logging on the other day. My link shifted me to this thread. I went to the articles section and clicked on the forum link there and updasted my link. It works fin now. I have no idea what happened.

W.R.Buchanan
09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
rhead: Try this link! It works everytime www.leverguns.com/

I put it up on post #32 and have clicked on it 50 times since last week.

It works everytime.

Use it.

Randy

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-09-2012, 01:04 AM
I just got on with no issues. But, I AM "pure of heart..." as a poster stated!

Rich
Sua Sponte

PS: I do not understand all the issues people are reporting. I live in the house my wife and I own, and I have Cable One. It is a combination phone, cable TV and Internet access package. The forums I have signed up
for the last thirteen years since we built this house and moved in have never had any issues with me joining. I think they expect to limit spammers access this way.

dualsport
09-09-2012, 01:56 AM
rhead: Try this link! It works everytime www.leverguns.com/

I put it up on post #32 and have clicked on it 50 times since last week.

It works everytime.

Use it.

Randy

I tried that link, went straight to it. Registered as 'dualsport'. Now we'll see if I cut the mustard! They'll let me know, it says. Even without the forum I see I'll be doing a lot of reading there. Now, how do I know if I'm pure of heart? Even the great Peanut Farmer lusted in his haht.:lol:

smokeywolf
09-09-2012, 05:51 AM
I tried again to register on "leverguns" a couple of months ago. Used my AT&T e-mail address. Site said an e-mail would be sent to confirm and complete my registration. Checked my e-mail for it a couple of times a week for a month and a half. Nothing, nada, zilch.

smokeywolf

W.R.Buchanan
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Dualsport: I have never registered, however I have emailed Frank on several Marlin related issues I had, and gotten immediate responses from him.

There is a full week end of reading on that site and virtually all of it is relavant to what we do here.

One of the good sites out there.

Randy

calaverasslim
09-13-2012, 10:12 PM

what in the world is a "real email address". ?????????