PDA

View Full Version : Savage Scout rifle in 7.62 x 39?

exile
04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I notice that Savage has a Scout rifle chambered in 7.62 x 39. One of my main reasons for being interested in this rifle is that I have heard that one can have a left-handed model made up by the Savage custom shop.

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? Are the detachable magazines reliable? What is the groove diameter? Can you shoot cheap Combloc ammo without issue? (although I don't think I will be doing that except in an emergency). Any issues for reloading and shooting cast boolits that I should be aware of with this rifle?

Thanks for your help.

exile

richhodg66
04-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't have a scout rifle, but my son's left hand Savage we got him shot great right out of the box. It's one of the cheap, package rifle, so blind magazine. The stock is kinda funny, looks like it was a right hand stock with the notch for the bolt handle on the right side plugged somehow but it functions flawlessly and shots nice tight groups consistently. Oh, and it likes cast too.

I really didn't think I'd like the Accu Trigger, but have since warmed to it, quite a good feature.