PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR22

Boz330
04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Anyone tried one yet? I picked one up Friday and so far I'm pretty impressed with it. I put a 150 or so Federal Bulk round through it yesterday. I haven't shot much handgun in the past couple years so it sure shot as good as I could hold it. Nice size for carrying around the farm in a back pocket.
Tough week at work and I stopped by the gun shop to peruse and it just sang it's siren song so I took it home.

Bob

VA Shooter
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
My friend got one the other day and we shot the snot out of it ate every thing we feed it except it did not like the Winchesters very much gonna get one soon and a LCR also

TJF1
04-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I have one had it for about a month now. We have run about
a 1000 rounds with out a failure of any kind. I love it.

Terry

sledgehammer001
04-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Just checked it out on Ruger's site. Looks like an improved version of my Walther P22. Don't get me wrong, I love my P22, but from the looks of it, I'd trade my P22 for a SR22 in a heartbeat! Wish Ruger had come out with it several years ago before I got my P22......
Jon

Boz330
04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Just checked it out on Ruger's site. Looks like an improved version of my Walther P22. Don't get me wrong, I love my P22, but from the looks of it, I'd trade my P22 for a SR22 in a heartbeat! Wish Ruger had come out with it several years ago before I got my P22......
Jon

This is bigger than the Walther, actually not a bad size at all. It fits my hands quite nice. Not a target pistol by any stretch but easy to carry and it would be Ok for small game at reasonable distances.
Show Low, I've been there a couple times back when I was guide over in NM. Pretty area.

Bob

04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
I bought one for my daughter and put a laser max mini or micro what ever they call it On for her. She's shot it 20 times and likes it. I've shot it a couple thousand;-). Good little gun.

Boz330
04-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I bought one for my daughter and put a laser max mini or micro what ever they call it On for her. She's shot it 20 times and likes it. I've shot it a couple thousand;-). Good little gun.

For the daughter huh???????????????????????????[smilie=1:

Bob

CALGOUGERS.NET
04-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Ive only held one feels good. I wonder if it will cycle bulk ammo.

Boz330
04-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Ive only held one feels good. I wonder if it will cycle bulk ammo.

So far I've run 400+ Federal and some WW through mine and have had one FtoF and it went on the second try. All of the rest functioned flawlessly.

Last night for grins and giggles we were shooting at a metal half size deer silhouette at 85yd and I was getting 40% hits. For my eyes and 3 1/2" barrel and a guess at holdover I didn't think that was bad.

Bob

Okie2
04-22-2012, 07:17 PM
I bought one Friday...fed it a bunch of Winchester bulk & it ate it up.... Best little light gun I've shot....even my wife loves it...one grip to fit her hand & one to fit mine. Really like the larger grip & magazine extensions that come with it....easy to change out.... Good thinking Ruger. Nice enough sights...even I can see them. I'd bet if Ruger made a pink grip they would double their sales. A+ by my book!!! Dux

Edub
08-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I actually sold my P22 to buy a SR22. Best decision in a while. The SR22 is great. It fed the 8 different types of ammo I fed it - including subsonic.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad336/ericwallace87/SR%2022/22Ammo.jpg
Not pictured are the CCI MiniMags.

Papa smurf
09-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Got me a SR22 the other day .
Bill's gone but his people still know what there doing. Everething I feed this thing it spit out without a hick-up. Good Ssooting -----------------------------Papa Smurf

JackQuest
02-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Just a bit of information for anyone purchasing the Ruger SR22 and looking for a green laser. The NcSTAR model AQPTLMG does NOT clamp to the Pickatinny rail on the SR22 frame. The rail on the laser barely engages the rail on the pistol before the laser housing interferes with the trigger guard.

Shepherd2
02-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I bought one a couple weeks ago after firing my sons SR22. I tried ever every brand of bulk ammo I have in it and they all worked without a hitch. Even the Winchester bulk that absolutely won't feed in my Ruger 22/45 and Mk II Target (or a couple semi auto rifles) fed perfectly in the SR22. Accuracy wasn't bad with the cheap ammo. When the weather improves I'll break out the good ammo and give it a try.

Throckmorton
02-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I have shot 2 of them that were NIB,and they both ran flawlessly with bulk ammo. If I needed another .22 ,this would be the one i'd get for a fun gun.

tundra2003
02-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi all.New here.I have had one for a year now,about 7k fired from it.Likes anything it is fed.

Ed

FergusonTO35
08-15-2019, 11:30 AM
So, any updates from folks who have the SR-22? I think it is going to be my next gun purchase, haven't yet read anything bad other than some think the trigger pull is too heavy.

Larry in MT
08-18-2019, 09:42 AM
So, any updates from folks who have the SR-22? I think it is going to be my next gun purchase, haven't yet read anything bad other than some think the trigger pull is too heavy.

You might take a look at the S&W M&P22Compact before you buy. Not saying it's better -- just a bit different. . I got one about a month ago and have been shooting nd carrying it regularly. The trigger is poor, but it still groups well. Weighs 1 pound. Never a failure yet.

JeffG
08-20-2019, 07:14 AM
My wife has an SR22, was her first gun. It does very well and with the extra backstraps fits nicely. I haven’t shot it lately but recall the trigger is pretty good. I don’t recall any ammo problems either.

FergusonTO35
08-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Sounds good. Gonna be awhile before the fun money comes back, so I'll be exploring my options.

JoeJames
08-20-2019, 09:45 AM
I made the mistake of picking one up at a local gun shop about three years ago. Once I picked it up I had to have it. Simple. Had a few failures to fed out of the first mag and that was it. No problems after that. However it will not run sub sonic through very well. And that's not unexpected. So I stick to regular high speed 22Lr.

anothernewb
08-20-2019, 01:40 PM
had one for a few years now. a fun little unit. not as accurate as the buckmark. but capable of good groups with lots of work. beyond that. it's a very comfortable pop can and steel plate blaster. I lost count how many rounds have been through mine. probably upwards of 5k.