PDA

View Full Version : Rowell ladle love.

bbqncigars
04-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I went kind of nuts yesterday with my new NOE 460132 mold and Rowell ladle. It was also the maiden voyage of my casting pot PID controller. Four casts at 600F got the mold producing crisp frosty boolits. I was only using two of the four cavities, and I think I should upsize to a #2 Rowell to use all four in a single go. The #1 was sufficient to make a mound of nice boolits in a two hour session. I really appreciate how well the Rowell works compared to my Lyman ladle. I can't wait to send these boolits down range. These days, I can't say whether I reload to shoot, or shoot to reload.

calkar
04-09-2012, 06:25 AM
I have been considering going back to a ladle instead of bottom pour. How consistant is your boolit weights? Im thinking I would throw less back in the pot.

BossHoss
04-09-2012, 07:41 AM
These days, I can't say whether I reload to shoot, or shoot to reload.

I know the feeling.

I have been wanting to try one of those fancy ladles.

A hobby inside the hobby. Always been that way with me.

carbine
04-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I felt that the larger ones would be better for ingot production. Eliminating the last of the slag from the ingot.

Any thoughts on that?

bbqncigars
04-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Bullets are 531 grains +/- .8grains for those that completely filled out (most of them). I think the bigger Rowells would be nice for ingots. Mine would not fill a muffin, but will handle the condiment cups.

Ziptar
04-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I felt that the larger ones would be better for ingot production. Eliminating the last of the slag from the ingot.

Any thoughts on that?

I'm looking at one for the same reason, figure it won't make it any worse.

They make a 90lb one too! That's allot of ingots! :p