PDA

View Full Version : New Kimber Did the Job

Silver Jack Hammer
04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
My neighbor had a rude awaking. 4 people bust open his front door with a crow bar, he was taking a nap. It was 4:20 PM. One of 4 intruders came after him with a crow bar, as a retired police officer he challenged the intruders to stop before dispatching the magazine of his brand new Kimber. He had just got his Kimber after ordering and waiting for it.

He didn’t know if he hit any of them, 3 of the 4 were caught at the hospital. An hour later word was received one of the intruders died in the hospital. 1 intruder still out on the loose, identified in the newspaper.

The 1 intruder later told police they break into homes like this all the time, they didn’t know the one was hit until after they ran to their getaway car and started driving away.

I’m so glad it was not my home where my 2 teen aged boys are home alone while my wife and I are at work at this hour of the day.

I feel for the homeowner, a retired police officer. He went from an adrenaline dump for an hour to hearing not only did he hit but he killed.

Mooseman
04-07-2012, 02:35 PM
We don't shoot to wound in a situation like that...

Von Dingo
04-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Sobering

Muskyjerk
04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Pretty bold / stupid.

Late afternoon with someone in the house, I wouldnt have expected it.

Glad everything came out the right way.

idahoron
04-07-2012, 08:56 PM
A fitting end. It is a shame that the guy was forced to shoot them but they got what they deserved. I can only hope that I would have the same frame of mind as he did while putting them out of their misery. He did a good job. Ron

Silver Jack Hammer
04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
He told me he practices often but had zero marksmanship skills as they rushed him from 5 feet away. He experienced a post ammo huh-oh after sending 8 rounds downrange. He said he can't go home what with all the bullet holes, evidence markers and a destroyed front door.

Piedmont
04-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Was this Kimber a .45 ACP?

idahoron
04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
His practice with the department allowed him to go into auto pilot and just do what he had to do. do feel bad for him that those ******** made him do that. Give him a slap on the back and tell him we are thinking of him. Ron

Silver Jack Hammer
04-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Solo 9

Piedmont
04-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Solo 9
Well you should have said that in the first post and then had everyone log in to say "That's why I carry a .45."

gunfan
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
They had it coming. I feel sorry for the retired cop. Now he has to go through the process of clearing his name.

The sons-of-dogs!

Scott

Silver Jack Hammer
04-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Well you should have said that in the first post and then had everyone log in to say "That's why I carry a .45."

Piedmont, I did not share this in my OP because I did not know this fact at that time. And a .45 would not have made any difference.

Piedmont
04-09-2012, 02:12 AM

Piedmont, I did not share this in my OP because I did not know this fact at that time. And a .45 would not have made any difference.

Yeah, I'm just having fun. The way these things go on the internet is if a small caliber doesn't work then you need a bigger caliber. When the larger caliber fails.....well sometimes that just happens. It's a double standard.

I'm glad your neighbor is doing better than the bad guys.

starmac
04-09-2012, 02:14 PM
They had it coming. I feel sorry for the retired cop. Now he has to go through the process of clearing his name.

The sons-of-dogs!

Scott

Clearing his name??? What would that be about.

gunfan
04-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Clearing his name??? What would that be about.

Avoiding civil charges. (These have trashy families that will sue for as much money as they can scam).

If there is "no bill" handed down, he has dodged a criminal indictment. That would be a plus!

Scott

thegreatdane
04-10-2012, 10:22 AM

The sons-of-dogs!

Scott

exactly. let him know a whole lot of folks are pulling for him.

although i conceal everywhere, all the time, i hope to never use it.

i can't imagine what he's going through.

Silver Jack Hammer
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
In a news release, prosecutors said he will not file charges against the homeowner because he acted in self-defense. “This incident again highlights the danger of home-invasion burglaries,” …“When you break into someone’s home, you take the chance you will be shot.”

The local gunshop has a guy who helps people keep their heads together after shooting. He is very important and valuable to us.

AK Caster
04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
This is why many states have passed laws saying you have every right to protect yourself in your home from any one or any thing using whatever force is required, including deadly.

It is a shame you friend has to go through all this just because they picked his house. But rest assured, he will be cleared.

Moonie
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Our state just passed a law to protect us from civil liability if it is a justifiable shoot, went into effect this past December.

max it
04-10-2012, 02:40 PM
good going;
sometimes my wife notes with alacrity that i have a loaded gun near every entrance.
I wish you guys would at least post your state as a reference.
keep your powder dry,

Max

Silver Jack Hammer
04-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Yay, 4th suspect taken into custody at a local hospital.

smokemjoe
04-10-2012, 04:26 PM
The only way you can do that here in Iowa with the new pistol carrying law is that they have to be in your bedroom before you can pull the trigger. stupid laws.

Moonie
04-10-2012, 04:45 PM
The only way you can do that here in Iowa with the new pistol carrying law is that they have to be in your bedroom before you can pull the trigger. stupid laws.

Yea, we fixed that too, we do NOT have to retreat and can stand our ground.

Wayne Dobbs
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Hopefully, this occurred in a state with a defined Castle Doctrine statute. A model statute will prohibit civil actions against somebody who used deadly force to protect their home. And, your friend doesn't need to "clear his name". His name is clear by definition of the fact he defended his home and himself from a deadly assault that he didn't provoke in any way.

Tell him, from this old retired cop, that we're glad he's OK and glad that he won. Losing this one would've had vastly different results for your friend.