PDA

View Full Version : nei

04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
has any one contacted nei mould co. to see what price brake he could do for a large order of the same mold ? the reg price is $140.00 for a 6 cav. you can get one in 2 weeks. it is a lots better mold than lee. they are like casting with a steel-iron mold at alum weight. i have 5 thet are grate. cost a lot more than lee but worth it. dont forget you are compairing mold cost with the chepest priced mold.comp[air the cost with other good molds and nei is a good price. yes i do have lee and like them but do like the nei better.

45 2.1
04-03-2007, 01:48 PM
NEI, MM, Ballisti-cast, Saeco, Lyman etc. have been talked to about this. None of them will give a discount to a large order, or any order, as of yet. Hopefully Felix will be able to get something set up, local to him, in this regard.

Scrounger
04-03-2007, 02:33 PM
NEI, MM, Ballisti-cast, Saeco, Lyman etc. have been talked to about this. None of them will give a discount to a large order, or any order, as of yet. Hopefully Felix will be able to get something set up, local to him, in this regard.

OK, they're a long way off but has anyone talked to CBE in Australia? I've never seen one of their molds so I can't speak to quality but their prices aren't bad all because of the favorable exchange rate and shipping for 25 to 30 molds shouldn't be a killer if they use International Priority Mail. And they will cut them in brass if wanted. I've always fancied a brass mold. I'd be willing to pay $80 for a good custom designed 3 cavity brass mold. Link to CBE:

http://www.theammodump.com/cbe.html

RANGER RICK
04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
OK, they're a long way off but has anyone talked to CBE in Australia? I've never seen one of their molds so I can't speak to quality but their prices aren't bad all because of the favorable exchange rate and shipping for 25 to 30 molds shouldn't be a killer if they use International Priority Mail. And they will cut them in brass if wanted. I've always fancied a brass mold. I'd be willing to pay $80 for a good custom designed 3 cavity brass mold. Link to CBE:

http://www.theammodump.com/cbe.html

I have a couple CBE molds and they are top of the line .
I got my order faster than some of the ones I ordered in the USA .
They are nice to talk to and very friendly .

RR

nighthunter
04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
When starting the 22-70-GC group buy, I contacted NEI about makeing the mold and they said "no" to any breaks for multiple molds of the same casting. They said each mold is individually made and .... blah .. blah .. blah. Seems to me that set up costs could be eliminated with a multiple mold order of a decent quantity.
Nighthunter

Scrounger
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
When starting the 22-70-GC group buy, I contacted NEI about makeing the mold and they said "no" to any breaks for multiple molds of the same casting. They said each mold is individually made and .... blah .. blah .. blah. Seems to me that set up costs could be eliminated with a multiple mold order of a decent quantity.
Nighthunter

Business must be good for those people... A dealer explained his sales philosophy to me years ago. If he buys a rifle for $400, he'd rather sell 2 of them for $600 than have to sell 4 at $500 to make that same $400 profit, or even worse, 8 at $450 to compete with the large retailers. I see his point but I'm thinking 8 boxes of ammo, scopes, mounts, slings, guncases, etc... Those things are generally much higher profit ratios than guns, not to mention good will, customer loyalty, repeat sales etc....

Idaho Sharpshooter
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Yah!!,
but the website images are ca-ca. I would need to have someone here I trust get the first one of a group buy to see how they look/cast.

Rich
DRSS