PDA

View Full Version : I just HAD to tell someone

Tazman1602
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
OH BOY!

The boys around my neck of the woods are using a LOT of Mini-14's and AR platform rifles and I am in need of a Power Custom Series II jig fixture so I called Power Custom to see about an order.

RON POWER himself answered the phone and I was so excited about actually getting to talk to "The Man" that I forgot about my order. We BS'd for about a half hour and what a nice guy he is!

I know a lot of you won't get what I'm talking about, but I'm sure some of you WILL..................

Art

Beagle333
04-05-2012, 06:23 PM
It always makes me feel nice when I get somebody who knows what they are talking about. And who better than the owner!! :awesome:

GT27
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
It always makes me feel nice when I get somebody who knows what they are talking about. And who better than the owner!! :awesome:

+1,my thoughts exactly!

Mk42gunner
04-05-2012, 10:42 PM
RON POWER himself answered the phone and I was so excited about actually getting to talk to "The Man" that I forgot about my order. We BS'd for about a half hour and what a nice guy he is!

I know a lot of you won't get what I'm talking about, but I'm sure some of you WILL..................

Art

He is a very nice man to talk to. About twenty years ago ( after they had moved to Gravois Mills) I called him to inquire about a S&W25-2 that he had worked on when he was still in Independence, MO.

He was pretty gracious talking to this young sailor, even though I wasn't planning on spending any money with him.

Robert

ksriverrat
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Ron is very good people!!

Wayne Smith
04-10-2012, 01:12 PM

The first time I called CH4D Dave himself answered the phone and we must have talked for an hour or more. I know exactly what you mean.

Nazgul
04-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I was having trouble with one of their trigger kits and called about it. Talked to Randall for half an hour or so. Really neat.

Don

runfiverun
04-11-2012, 06:49 PM
man.... i hate to ask this.
but who is ron power?
i have only been around gun stuff for 40 sumthin years, so maybe he was before my time.

Tazman1602
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
runfiver --

Ron Powers was legendary back in the 70's and 80's and started out doing trigger jobs on 1911-A1 models. His business progressed from there and his son, Randall now is running the business.

Check them out:

http://www.powercustom.com/

They have a LOT of neat stuff for rifles and handguns, I use thier Series I and II fixtures for trigger jobs although I just got the Series II and am trying to figure it out right now..........

Art