PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the range

Lloyd Smale
04-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Did the final load workup for a couple new rifles. A cdl in 257 wby and a ruger hawkeye 7mag. I was worried about both of these guns. Rugers in the past have about allways given me fits and the internet talk on the 257 cdls was mixed at best. Well yesterday i narrowed it down to a working load for both guns. The cdl shot 3/4s of an inch for 5 shots with a 100 grain seirra pro hunter and 70 grains of 7828 and the 7mag did just under an inch with a 150 ballistic tip and 67 grains of re22. Both loads i could happliy live with in those guns. Not to many range days i dont come away frustrated with at least one gun i have there.

MGySgt
04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I know what you mean Lloyd.

I have had an Interarms Mark X for a long time, just never really had a reason to work up a load, although I have tried a few times and have always walked away frustrated. The gun shoots Factory just fine - I just can't seem to get a load that I am happy with. Of course it has been a long time since I have gone after whistle pigs and being on the east coast they are they only pests to shoot.

I bought this one when I was station in Missouri. Shot some coyotes with it with factory before I was transfered to Iceland! No use for it there and just never really got back to working with it. Still have some J's from the mid 70's in my bullet/boolit locker.

However it seems like the coyotes are moving more and more to the east, they have been here for awhile just that they are breeding and moving in faster now.

when I get some time I will have to try again to get a load for it for Just in case I have an oppurtunity to have a go at the coyotes again.