PDA

View Full Version : Remington 1911 R1 Elevation Rear Sight

Judan_454
04-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Just back got back from the range, shot a really nice 2 inch 5 shot group with Lee cast 200 grain RFN. The group was low and to the left, I can adjust the windage, but cannot adjust the elevation. Is there way to adjust the elevatiion without buying a adjustable rear sight?.
Thanks Dan

subsonic
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
File the front sight shorter.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
If you're new to the 1911 and you're shooting low and to the left, it may not be the sights. It may be the way you're holding the pistol. Try turning your hand at 90 degrees to your wrist and keeping the thumb of your firing hand in an upright position, but far enough out it doesn't snag on the moving slide. Place butt of pistol into palm of your hand. It will feel odd at first, but over time, it'll feel natural. You want the pistol's slide to be parallel to your wrist, so a finger laid along the slide points the same direction as the pistol.

captaint
04-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Chances are, a slightly heavier boolit will also shoot a bit higher. That's the general rule of thumb. Same load, heavier boolit. Try it. enjoy Mike

thegreatdane
04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Chances are, a slightly heavier boolit will also shoot a bit higher. That's the general rule of thumb. Same load, heavier boolit. Try it. enjoy Mike

agreed. Also test sights from a bench or sandbag rest.

jamesusmc0331
12-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Hey guys, I was having the same problem with my R1, shooting low and a little left at 25yds. All you have to do is call the customer service number or whatever in the back of the manual that comes with the gun and they'll take care of you with a shorter front sight post. I talked to the guy and told him my problem and he said there are a lot of people having the same problem so they have the shorter front sight posts on hand and ship them out free of charge to you the same day you talk to them.