PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shops in LA / Garden Grove Calif area???

rbertalotto
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm out here on business, staying in Thousand Oaks and will be in Garden Grove area today with an afternoon to kill.

Any good gun shops I MUST visit?

THANKS!

koehn,jim
04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Regretably both locations are on the other side of town from me and I mean like 25-30 miles. There are a couple of shops in Simi valley not too far from where you are staying. You will find that L.A. is not a real gun friendly area, most of the shops have left. There are a couple in the Glendale area you could swing thru traveling from Garden Grove to Thousand oaks off the 101 fwy, look up kings gun works nothing special they have guns.

Longwood
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Years ago there was a good gun store called the Stockade in Garden Grove or just north of it.

I have no idea if it is still there, but I bet google knows.

koehn,jim
04-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Just did a Google search and there are a couple of places near Garden grove that might be worth a try. They list Gretas Guns in Simi valley and Fort Courage also Simi. Gretas has some nice mil sup rifles from time to time but expensive. The guy at fort courage is nice to talk to and they sell componets.

Valley Forge
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I would definitely suggest you visit THE STOCKADE in Westminster. A friend and I stopped in there after the Costa Mesa gun show a month or so ago and were pleased enough with them that we made a point to go back and make a substantial purchase there. I helped my friend (the one with the money) spend $3K at their shop and we both live around an hour away. I was a happy customer of KING'S for decades and live about ten minutes away from them in Glendale, sadly, the successor operation is not in the same league.

9.3X62AL
04-04-2012, 01:00 PM
The Stockade/8061 Westminster Ave, nearest cross street Beach Blvd (shop on north side of street, just east of Beach). LOTS of firearms, prices are half-decent, LOTS of reloading tools and components.

rbertalotto
04-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Ok, I was right across the street from the STOCKADE for one of my meetings.

So I walked over to see if they had anything interesting..........

This was TWO PIECE DUCK TAPE experience.......(and old army reference when you need two picese of duck tape to hold something down.........;) )

Anyways.....AMAZING place! Huge selection. They had three brand new Shiloh Sharps rifles ready for sale! Coopers, Kimbers......LOADS od Cowboy action lever actions. I countede over 20! They had a used Uberti Winchester 1866 in 38 special in 98% condition for $850......And many other in brand new status.

Four or five cases full of Single Action Army revolvers............And on an on!

And then there is the reloading room out back. More reloading inventory than I've ever seen in a non chain store.

If I lived in California this would be MY gun shop!

Thanks for the heads up!

Longwood
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
The flintlock is also on Beach just south of Ball Road.
It is in a small open Mall type area on the East sidfe of Beach.
Turner's had a store a way's East of there. I seem to recall it was on Harbor.

Longwood
04-04-2012, 05:45 PM
The Stockade is DANGEROUS!

I have accidentally bought more guns and gadgets there than any other store I have ever been to and I try to go to all of them.
I go there looking for something, because I know they will have it, and leave much more broke.

9.3X62AL
04-04-2012, 07:00 PM
True that! The Spaghetti Winchester 1873s call to me from as far away as SR 22 @ I-5.