PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best selection of molds?

ShooterAZ
04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I have been looking around at Midway & Mid-South and a couple of others...Many of the molds that caught my interest were available as special order only. Who has a good selection in stock? I'd like to order several and would prefer not to pay multiple shipping charges.

Thanks...Shooter

pmer
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Go to accuratemolds.com, a custom mold maker, and check his catalog. He is one of the best for turn around time. A few emails, a week or two of time and you'll casting boolits.

Ranch Dog at the top of this page is fast too I bet.

ShooterAZ
04-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank you...I will look into those two. I really want a .44 cal WC mold, and a .312 165 flat w/GC.

white eagle
04-03-2012, 05:27 PM
choice is all yours
with the mold makers on this board and others
you really can't loose

Blammer
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
NOE currently has quite a few on the shelves. May want to look over what he has.

MikeS
04-04-2012, 05:03 AM
If you go with Accurate Molds, while there's nothing wrong with his aluminum moulds, you might want to look at his brass moulds, as they cast nicer than anything out there! (that applies to brass moulds from NOE & Mihec as well). The only drawback a brass mould has is it's weight, but if you can handle the weight, you'll love the boolits they make. I have several Accurate Molds, and only one of them is aluminum. Another nice thing about the custom & semi custom mould makers is that their consistency cavity to cavity is much better than most production mould makers.

geargnasher
04-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I prefer brass too. If you heat-cycle the mould a few times before you use it the brass will develop a patina and the boolits will fall out like rain.

As far a who has the most choices, that would be Mountain Molds or, once again, Accurate, because within the limits of their tooling they can make any design you want. Accurate requires a minimum .180 meplat and minimum 30 caliber, and does not offer a hollow point design. However, the moulds are good enough that I'd pay to have one made, then ship it to Erik Ohlen for HP'ing if that's what I really needed.

Gear

turbo1889
04-08-2012, 06:15 PM
. . . Accurate . . . does not offer a hollow point design. However, the moulds are good enough that I'd pay to have one made, then ship it to Erik Ohlen for HP'ing if that's what I really needed. . . .

+1 and give that man a beer on the house. If you want a really good hollow point mold that is the way to do it.

John Boy
04-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Who has a good selection in stock? I'd like to order several and would prefer not to pay multiple shipping charges. In addition to Accurate ... Buffalo Arms. I have 5 that they make in house - the prices are reasonable and they are very good molds

MT Gianni
04-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Stocks vary as does backorders. AS mentioned a custom mold builder may be more likely to have what they list to you quickly or let you know what that date would be than a catalog company.