PDA

View Full Version : .311 round ball in .32 ACP?

Combat Diver
04-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Anyone make a gallery load using a .311 round ball in the .32 ACP/7.65x17SR? I recently acquired a Lee double cavity mold and was shooting my CZ50 today. Got to thinking about a gallery load for the backyard. I've also have several pounds of Unique on hand. Round balls should weigh around 45 grs.

Thanks,
CD

NoZombies
04-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I haven't loaded them with unique, but it shouldn't be hard.

I have loaded both .32 acp and .32 S&W with round balls for gallery loads. I used 1 grain of tightgroup in both cases. They don't shoot to the sights in an of my guns, but they are a lot of fun to shoot cans with when you figure out where to point 'em. Obviously they wont cycle the action in any kind of autoloader, but you knew that.

Combat Diver
04-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Thanks NZ, I was thinking about a grain of Unique. I'll start low and slow.

CD

gunfan
04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I haven't loaded them with unique, but it shouldn't be hard.

I have loaded both .32 acp and .32 S&W with round balls for gallery loads. I used 1 grain of tightgroup in both cases. They don't shoot to the sights in an of my guns, but they are a lot of fun to shoot cans with when you figure out where to point 'em. Obviously they wont cycle the action in any kind of autoloader, but you knew that.

This is why you need to slowly "work up" a load that will cycle the action of your autoloader.

While it could be a bit tedious, it should be fun trying.

Scott