PDA

View Full Version : 9422 what's it worth.

looseprojectile
04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Boy Scout Commerative. No box no papers. From an estate. Ser.# 116XX. The gun is perfect in every way. Looks to be unfired but how do you tell.
The top of the bolt shows slight wear from cycling.
The last Winchester Commerative I had was a Canadian Centennial.
I will only release my grip on this one when I have the new owners money in my other hand.
I see what they are selling for on the various sites where they sell guns.
All of these are with box and papers.
How much are the box and papers worth?

Life is good

ReloaderFred
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I recently paid $400.00 for an older standard 9422 in pristine condition, and $425.00 for a newer 9422 Deluxe in new condition, if that helps any. Neither of them had the box or papers, but were basically new guns that had been fired a few times.

Hope this helps.

Fred

TXGunNut
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Saw one @ the Cabela's Gun Library in Ft Worth recently, can't recall what they were asking but seemed reasonable. I avoid commemoratives because they're such a fickle market.

pietro
04-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Boy Scout Commerative. No box no papers. From an estate. Ser.# 116XX.
The gun is perfect in every way. Looks to be unfired but how do you tell.

The top of the bolt shows slight wear from cycling.

I see what they are selling for on the various sites where they sell guns.
All of these are with box and papers.

How much are the box and papers worth?

IMO, a gun is not "perfect in every way" if it "shows slight wear from cycling".

Beyond that, it's not just the box & papers - It's the fact that they are NEW, have all their issue paraphenalia (box, etc) - and SHOW NO WEAR.

The prices you're looking at are NOT values - they are hopeful asking prices. In fact, at last one of them has been relisted for $500 less, after not selling @ $2K.

Others are listed privately @ $1200, which is a lot closer to the true value (what someone will actually pay TODAY), for one that's NIB.

One, w/o box & papers, showing wear like yours, has "shooter" value - about $600 IMHO.
A plain/standard "shooter" 9422 would be valued around $400.