PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Arms Company – Bristol, formerly known as Badger

texasmac
04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Update on The Wilson Arms Company – Bristol, formerly known as Badger Defense, formerly known as Badger Barrels.

As many of you know, in 2009 the assets of Badger Barrels Inc. were acquired by the Principals of Airtronic USA. The company was renamed Badger Defense, LLC and continued to supply barrels for various US military weapons and also to nations friendly to the US. At the time Ernie Stallman, the original owner of Badger Barrels indicated that Badger Defense would continue to supply barrels in small quantities to the consumer market. Shortly afterwards it became clear that Ernie’s comment was either short-sighted or that military contracts required all of Badger’s production capacity. I may be wrong, but I don’t believe that Badger Defense supplied any BPCR barrels to the commercial/consumer market.

In any case, recently (2012) Wilson Arms Co. purchased all the assets of Badger Defense. The new facility will be known as The Wilson Arms Company – Bristol (Bristol, Wisconsin). Wilson Arms Co. is a high volume barrel supplier with minimum order requirements of 100 barrels.

Wayne

TXGunNut
04-01-2012, 10:31 PM
That doesn't sound very encouraging. What do you think?

texasmac
04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Ernie Stallman made some really nice barrels when he owned Badger Barrels. But there are many other good barrel manufacturers. Following is my current list of USA & Canadian companies in the business. I added contact information for those without web sites. Run a “Google” search to find contact information on the others.

Wayne

USA & Canadian Barrel Manufacturers:

• Bartlein Barrels, Inc.
• Benchmark Barrels, 1105 Pioneer Highway East, Arlington, WA 98223, 360-652-259
• BRC Custom Rifle Barrels (Borchardt Rifle Company)
• Broughton Rifle Barrels
• Brux Barrels, LLC
• Classic Barrel and Gun Works
• Cut Rifle Barrels - Jim Carpenter, 1330 Shepherd Rd. St. Maries, ID 83861, 208-245-3693
• Douglas Barrels
• E.R. Shaw, Inc
• Getz Barrel Company (owner is John Getz - john-getz@hotmail.com, his handle on the BPCR.net forum is bluesteel45)
• Green Mountain
• HART Rifle Barrels
• High Plains Reboring & Barrels, LLC, Norman Johnson, 243 14th Ave. NW, Turtle Lake, ND 58575, 701-448-9188, nrjonsn@westriv.com
• HS Precision Inc.
• Krieger Barrels Inc.
• Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels, Inc.
• Lothar Walther
• McGowen Precision Barrels
• Obermeyer Rifled Barrels
• Oregon Barrel Company (Distributor – The Gun Works), 227 South 2nd St., Springfield, Oregon 97477, 541-741-4118
• PAC-NOR BARRELS INC.
• RFour Inc., (Currently only barrels for Ruger 10-22-Style rifles)
• Robert Hoyt, Freischutz Shop, 700 Fairfield Station Rd., Fairfield, Pa. 17320, 717-642-6696
• Rock Creek Barrels

ian45662
04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Out of this list who would be some of the better choices for sharps barrels.

MT Chambers
04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Badger Barrels if they are back making them, R.Smith if you are not in any hurry, i think that those 2 are the best.

StrawHat
04-08-2012, 07:13 AM
I have been happy using Douglas barrels on my muzzle loaders and a few cartridge rifles.