PDA

View Full Version : .52 Cal Murdock Flint Pistol

Grapeshot
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I've been over at the Dixie Gun Works site and found an all steel Flintlock Pistol.[smilie=w:

It's a Scottish Murdock in .52 caliber. I want to get it, but I can not find a .510 RB Mould. Any suggestions on where to go? The closest mould I have found is a .50 Lee RB mould.

Oh Yeay, I have to drill the flash hole on this piece since it comes without the flash hole predrilled. What would be the best size hole to drill in the barrel?[smilie=b:

waksupi
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I got my .510 from Jeff Tanner.

Grapeshot
04-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I got my .510 from Jeff Tanner.

Now I know who. Do you have a link to this gentlemans web site?

carbine
04-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Please be careful. The "guns" being made in India that have to have their flash holes drilled are exported as wall hangers. Thre has been a lot of discussion regarding this.. I know diddly about this poece, but the drilling struck a chord.

waksupi
04-02-2012, 12:09 PM
You will need to Google for Tanner, I don't have his contact info on hand.

Don't worry about the vent not being drilled, as far as quality. They are shipped like that to avoid various firearms laws in the country of origin. I seem to recall these are made in Great Britain. They are not considered a firearm without the vent.

There is a lot of different thought as to vent size. 1/16" is as good of place to start as any.

DIRT Farmer
04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
From Muzzle Blasts (NMLRA magazine) adds jeff@ballmoulds.co.uk.