PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Lyman customer service

10mmShooter
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
I purchased a lyman 4500 sizer with heater that was used from another forum member but supposed to be new(it did appear new..didnt look like it had even had lube in it). I set it up and in had a misaligned ram :( I packaged it sent in back to Lyman on March 19th and nicely described the issue that the top punch was impacting the sizing die at 9 oclock, with any die and top punch combo, and that I would like the body casting replaced to correct the misaligned ram. And today on a Saturday March 31, I had a Fedex package from Lyman with my new 4500w/heater, the only original part appeared to be the ram, new heater, new pressure screw everything replaced. (no charge for the repair)

I noticed the new body castings now have the heater set screw rotated 90 degrees to the left. Also the base of the casting is clearly thicker now. Also the chamfer on the top where the pressure nut goes has been deepened making it easier to get the pressure nut and o-rings going down inside the lube chamber.

I've very pleased with the customer service many kudos to LYMAN Good work.

Here is the replacement mounted and ready to go. I've been using Red Rooster Zambini lube..but Midway has stopped carring it, I ordered some Blue Angel and its seem much harder the the Zambini lube.

http://keithrussell.net/newlyman.jpg

03-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Always good to hear positive customer service stories. Lyman has always given me excellent service.

Floydster
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I guess there are really miracle's.