PDA

View Full Version : pacific scope

Box13
03-30-2012, 09:19 PM
I looked at a marlin 336 today with a "Pacific"scope.Anybody know anything about these scopes quality wise and or who made them?...Robin

leftiye
03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Nope.

Bret4207
03-31-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't recall them specifically, but Pacific used to make sights. Could be they marketed a scope too. Or it could be a mid 60's/70's Japanese bargain bin scope.

starnbar
03-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Yes they did sell gunsights and reloading equipment too. They were bought out by hornady I had one of their presses years ago good quality press bought it used gave it to my brother I believe he still has it.

pietro
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
We had a few Pacific 4x's on our deer rifles, in the late 60's - and they were "good enough", IOW, a decent value for the low money at the time.

Not many of us, then, could afford a Bausch & Lomb or other high-grade scope - and the alternative was crappy (then) Japanese scopes from Trashco (Tasco) & others.

The choices available today were unimaginable 45 years ago, so ya danced with who brung ya. :drinks:

izzyjoe
04-02-2012, 08:31 PM
i had to look and see, i thought that i had one. i dug it out off the safe, but mine is a "Hurrican" Optima 4x made in japan. it's mounted on a SR mauser that was converted back in the 60's. the scope is real hazzey, and i want to replace it with an older K4 to keep the nostalgia look. but they are hard to find in good shape.

Farmall
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I am only about 35 miles south of Lincoln, where Pacific was located at the end. Brother in Law's dad worked there for years, and confirmed that these were imported scopes. It was his job to unpack them and adjust the parallax on them. Apparently they were just boxed up and shipped from the manufacturere with no quality inspection at all!

To hear him talk, Pacific Gun Sight was a haven for all the gun cranks in SE NE to work at, back in the day.