PDA

View Full Version : Slug press needed

GE-Minigun
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Been loading shotgun for years and want to start loading slugs, however I’m not able to load slugs on the press I have (Dillon SL-900). So what would be a good press for couple thousand a year loading? Thanks for the help.

1bluehorse
03-30-2012, 10:51 AM
To easy.....Mec 600jr..................:coffeecom

LUBEDUDE
03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Depends upon what type of crimp you want to use.

I load slugs with my Spolar, using a regular 8 point fold down crimp. I just shut the shot off and manually place a slug in. I do have to trim the wads first though.

W.R.Buchanan
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Any single stage press will work fine. I have a Pacific DL266 that I can use for oddball loads, as it is easy to change around.

I have a Spolar also and whereas I could load slugs on it, it is easier for me to use the single stage press.

You can find a bunch of single stage shotshell presses on Ebay for $25-50. No need to spend a bunch when something simple will do the job.

Randy

UNIQUEDOT
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Mec sizemaster! there is a huge difference in the way a mec collet resizes the brass/steel portion of the hulls compared to ring type sizers. Like 1bluehorse said though a 600 jr. will easily do anything you could ask of it. Heck i load more on loadalls than i do with the sizemaster these days, but i like knowing that collet sizer is at hand. At the possibility of getting attacked by the PW fans i would say though that the sizemaster is the best single stage shotshell press to be had...I'm speaking of the old versions though as i have never used the versions with grivory dies.