PDA

View Full Version : .32 s&w?

TripHlx
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question or two.

My father wants me to cast and load for his H&R. 32 S&W break top revolver. I need to get dies and a mold. Any recommendations on a specific boolit you guys like for this round would be great. He just wants to be able to throw lead downange, not shooting for groups.

Also, can I use 32 S&W Long dies, or are the dimensions too different? I'm still fairly new to all this, so please forgive me if any of these questions are ridiculous. Thanks in advance guys!

Alchemist
03-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Trip,

Yes you can use .32 S&W long dies...most sets I've seen list it as one of the loadable calibers.

For a boolit, I've been using the RCBS 90 gr "cowboy" mould. If you PM me I'll send you some to try if you wish.

If you get dies that won't work for the short round as is...you can shorten (grind down) the expander and seat/crimp dies to get them to work.

Cheers

ETA: I'd make sure the old break top revolver is okay for modern loads...some of those guns are getting pretty long in the tooth. Even then I'd stay very close to the minimum loads, as you said just for slingin' lead downrange.