PDA

View Full Version : spot lead prices

runfiverun
03-28-2012, 03:46 AM
so has anyone but me noticed the steady decline in lead prices the past couple of weeks?
there were some volatile moments, where things spiked up and down quickly, but the trend has been downward recently.
if this continues for about another month or two we might be able to afford buying some.
has anyone noticed if the price of copper has been coming down also?
i know china has cooled off on the bulk materials buying.
any bets on the price of factory components coming down after thier next big buy?

fryboy
03-28-2012, 06:51 AM
"any bets on the price of factory components coming down after thier next big buy?"

ummm any lower price in materials will be offset by higher energy prices ( both fuel and factory ) actually the quoted comment made me chuckle ...hasnt happened in any history i recall when they raised their prices ( they like the rest of the world need/want/desire a profit margin )

there's rumors of a coup in china ...how that affects everything i have no idea but if true it will surely be a game changer

runfiverun
03-28-2012, 07:18 AM
if there is a coup in china the succeder will surely cash in his federal notes.
things would surely spiral downward from there.
lead will be a nickel on the world market but waay too valuable as fodder.

dragon813gt
03-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Copper, as far as scrap prices go, has been steady in my area for well over a year now. I don't track new production because that doesn't effect my bank account. I'm still getting $3.25 per pound of #1 so it's still high up there.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.