PDA

View Full Version : SIG C3 Waiting For Me At Shop.

Uncle R.
03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi All.
My friend the sporting goods manager came through. (Again!) He called yesterday to tell me he has a shiny new C3 SIG pistol down at the shop waiting for me to come and fill out all of the paper work. I suppose I'll have to pay him for it too...
:smile:
<
Soon after I started researching 1911 style carry pistols a few weeks ago I came to the conclusion that I needed a CCO as a concealed carry pistol. Featuring an Officer's size grip frame for concealability but a Commander length barrel and slide for reliability and good ballistics - the CCO seemed perfect when I read about it.
<
Of course - Colt doesn't make 'em any more.
GRRRRrrrrr...
<
I did find a sample of the Talo version of the Colt but it was very expensive and I suspected that the blue finish would be looking pretty shabby after a few months of carry. I started looking for other brands.
<
The SIG C3 was the best combination of features that I found. I especially liked that it has a trigger-activated firing pin lock just like the series 80 Colts. I think that makes a lot of sense in a carry gun, and I don't want a light match trigger anyway. I like the sights, I can get my pinky on the grips - the flush mags hold 7 rounds. It has a 4.2 inch barrel and will hopefully deliver enough velocity for expansion with good JHPs. I like that it doesn't have a huge oversize safety - or an ambidextrous safety.
<
I actually held a C3 in my hand at the Gander Mountain and it felt and balanced and pointed great. Unfortunately, that was early in my learning cycle and when I went back later to buy it of course it was gone.
<
They're not easy to get these days but my friend's been working at it. At last there's one waiting for me - and now I'm wondering about changing the grips to something a little slimmer.
<
Here's my question - do grips sized for a Colt officer's model fit a SIG C3? Do grips for any other Gun (Kimber or Springfield or....) fit a C3?
<
Thanks for any advice you can give or tales of experience with a C3.
<
Uncle R.