PDA

View Full Version : How tite

monge
03-27-2012, 08:40 PM
how tite do the gas checks have to be? I made a check maker and it seems that the aluminun checks are a loser than the copper ones ,I can pry them off with my finger nail is this ok tHANKS jOE

Sagebrush7
03-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Sounds like you are getting spring back in the Aluminum' If using Lee sizer, size base first add check base first again. Sometimes you can increase metal thickness are anneal the metal. Litho plate solves that problem.

RU shooter
03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
how tite do the gas checks have to be? I made a check maker and it seems that the aluminun checks are a loser than the copper ones ,I can pry them off with my finger nail is this ok tHANKS jOE I had a batch like that I made from undersized brass ,They were snug but could pry them off with a thumb nail if I tried after sizing. I shoot them at my 200 yd. gong and found everyone of those check flattened out at the base of that steel plate . Yes they were a hair small but still made the trip without issues. If you can actually spin them on the bullet shank after sizing that may be a different story.

madsenshooter
03-29-2012, 01:12 AM
They're going to get a bit tighter when the bore and rifling squeeze them down.