PDA

View Full Version : crossbow red dot scope on a revolver?

357maximum
03-31-2007, 12:42 AM
How do you fellas think one of them 3dot reddots used for crossbows would work on a revolver?...kind of a poor mans peestol mildot for long range foolins around

would it hold up to 6 and 8 inch 357 mag recoil:confused:

I have never had a reddot in any flavor, I have always gotten hung up on the whole gots to trust the "battery thing", but I have played with dads halosights on his rugers....I think I may be ready to trust the battery:???:

This system would be mostly for f'ing off,and woodchucking ,,,,,, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut if it works it might see deer duty..

///////////////thoughts????????????

44man
03-31-2007, 08:50 AM
I would not bother. Some of those are cheap junk. I have ruined a lot of them and more then a few scopes on handguns.
Go to www.ultradotwest.com and get one that is accurate and holds up to anything. You will only spend twice as much as the cheapy. A shade over $100 and free shipping. Believe me, it is worth it.
I have had the same battery in mine for 4 years. I only turn it on when I see the deer coming. I leave it on for strings of targets but turn it off when not shooting.
The Holosight will break under heavy recoil and will not work on larger calibers.

opcon4
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
those reddots won't hold up to recoil, 22 maybe but nuttin over 22