PDA

View Full Version : Active military members question.

waksupi
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
A guy I consider as a son, has just left for Afghanistan for a year. He is a Marine, and will be with the Jordanian Forces. What can you tell me about the outfit? Is he in good hands?

Love Life
03-25-2012, 02:35 PM
I've only dealt with them in small numbers as either interpretors or as units attached to us.

IME they hated our enemy almost as much as we did, and never ran from a fight. They were hard, courageous fighters with a sense of honor.

Things may have change over time, he could get a weak unit, or any number of things, but I would say the ones I worked with were good to go. I hope that helps put your mind at ease.

runfiverun
03-26-2012, 11:35 PM
when i first read this i thought you were asking about the afghani "forces".
and my answer would have been much different than above.
then relooked,, the jordanians.
ric i'd p.m. bruce drake,or boerrancher.
there are a couple of others here, that are there right now, but i can't recall thier names.

waksupi
03-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I've talked to a couple guys, they say it is a pretty tough outfit, so I am feeling fairly comfortable about him. Rather have that old mountain boy with some hard chargers, than some city kids in uniforms.

Jammer Six
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Waksupi, he's a Marine.

Generally speaking, they don't rely on the people around them.

The Marines have a long, hard history of taking care of the lowest ranking private at the end of the longest pipeline, and it just doesn't matter who he's stationed with.

I'd take comfort in that if I were you.

Moonie
03-27-2012, 12:26 PM
One of my sons is a Marine, you know his brothers have his 6.

ErikO
03-27-2012, 12:47 PM
I know a retired Jordanian 'negotiator'. I'd have no issue sending my only son to serve with anyone that man trained.