PDA

View Full Version : Lortone Tumbler

Circuit Rider
03-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Guys I need some help. Don't have a picture to show, but a neighbor gave me a Lortone Rotary Tumbler to sell for him. Looks to be old but it works fine. I put a couple hundred 40 cal brass in with 1 tbl spoon citric acid powder, 1 tbl spoon lemishine, 1 tbl spoon dish washing detergent and water, no media. 1 1/2 hrs they were like new except for the primer pockets. The model # is QT NR, couldn't find anything for those numbers, but looks to be about a 6 pounder. Can anyone give me an idea what to ask for it? Thanks, CR

cheese1566
03-22-2012, 09:34 PM
How is the drum? Cracking or crumbling?
Here is a link to some...http://www.therockshed.com/tumbler4.html

I think the QT NR was the early model before the QT 12 model....(from a Google search)

I have QT12 (12 pounder) myself. The drum is about the size of a large ice cream bucket or paint can.

Good question too as I just acquired a Thumler B and AR12 that I am rebuilding. My Lortone may come up for sale as well. Cannot see needing three big units. (At the right price or decent trade, of course!)

Circuit Rider
03-22-2012, 09:58 PM
cheese1566, the drum and everything looks great. I thought it would probably leak, but not a drop. Just looked at the Rock Shed site, looks exactly like the QT6. CR

Sonnypie
03-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Geese!
I started typing Lortone in the Goofball Search Window (aka: Google) and it came up with a huge amount of them!

Here is a good video on a 3 pounder. http://youtu.be/BfAV_7scpeg

gasboffer
03-22-2012, 10:33 PM
A friend gave me a Lortone QT6, it holds about two trips to the range .45 ACP brass. Takes about 2 hours in walnut and flitz. Gets them as clean or better than a Lyman vibrator and a lot quieter.

bobthenailer
03-23-2012, 05:08 PM
A+++ on the lorton tumbler been using them for over 35 years, my first was a QT 6, about 5 years ago i picked up a as new , used Qt 12 for $25.00 , either one is selling new in the range of $150 to $200 dollars
I usually use water , a squirt of joy detergent ,sometimes about a ounce of lemon juice if i have tarnished brass and about a pound of BB gun bb's , & tumbel for a hour . new brass !

Circuit Rider
03-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks Guys, I'm thinking if it fits in a LFRB I'll ask $80.00 shipped, if it doesn't sell locally first on Craigs List. CR